Thread: "SURVIVAL-WALK'ABOUT" GUN Platform RE-THINK

Default "SURVIVAL-WALK'ABOUT" GUN Platform RE-THINK

"SURVIVAL-WALK'ABOUT GUN" Platform RE-THINK

I am re-thinking the survival gun again. This was not an attempt to improve on my existing survival gun inventory; However while attempting to come up with a "LEGAL" method of reducing the volume of sound from a firearm discharge that did not include a sound suppressor per ATF&E rules, I am going to explore the chamber adapter cartridge insert theory.

Alaska environment with its monsters that will kill you and eat you, requires some type of always handy monster attitude adjuster. Generally this type firearm does not lend its self to small just barely adequate and efficient use for small game of survival food.

If it all works as hoped I will have a sub-five pound 12 ga. with a 3" chamber and fully-rifled barrel. And a .410/.45 COLT chamber adapter insert. I am going to thread the "Outside" of the barrel for an 24" sleeve extension and choke system.

This will utilize "Some" of the components from the more extensive non-class III quieter firearm project.

Have you ever looked at a nef tracker 2? Short 5.25 lb rifled 12 gauge. With 3" winchester slugs you are pushing 385 grains at 2000 feet per second, or some Dixie terminators.

It feels like a warm 458 win mag, but it's light, short and cheap.

Why not get a squad scout and some Texas sub sonic 220 grain 308 ammo?

one day closer to alaska.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble