Thread: Juneau Fishing - Any shore and charter help - Week of 4th July

Default Juneau Fishing - Any shore and charter help - Week of 4th July

Hello. We are going to be in Juneau the week of the 4th of July. We want to do some shore fishing, and any information you can provide would be great. Also I would like to get out on a halibut/salmon/rockfish charter on Friday the 8th. If anyone knows of an opening for one person, please let me know. Thanks!!! Frank.

During that time the shoreside action for Chum salmon should be good, and you might get some king salmon action as well. The kings will be in the terminal harvest (hatchery) areas, and the chums will be all over. There will probably be some early dolly fishing in the streams as well.

For the halibut charter, look up Grant Moore from Moore Charters.

Good luck!

Default Moore is full. Places from shore?

Thanks. Are there any specific places to fish from shore, and what type of gear should I have? I would like to find out more about fishing near the hatchery. I will be there all week so will have a lot of time. Maybe there is a good fishing gear store in town that would set me in the right direction? I tried with Moore, but they are already booked up for the day. I have been running into the same with other charters, or they are not interested in taking on a single fisherman. Thanks! Frank.

Thanks. Are there any specific places to fish from shore, and what type of gear should I have? I would like to find out more about fishing near the hatchery. I will be there all week so will have a lot of time. Maybe there is a good fishing gear store in town that would set me in the right direction? I tried with Moore, but they are already booked up for the day. I have been running into the same with other charters, or they are not interested in taking on a single fisherman. Thanks! Frank.

Just pick 20-25lb test rated spinning rod and reel. Get a color assortment (Orange, Pink, Green, etc) of the 7/8oz Mepp's Flying C spinning lures. Cast at the DIPAC hatchery area.

Sportsmans Warehouse and Western Auto have good selections of fishing tackle. Just Google for their locations.

Default Juneau Fishing Help 5th - 10th July

Thanks. Are there any good sport shops in Juneau that might help? Also, I still can not find a charter on Friday 8th July. Seems like cruise ships have filled the spots. If anyone knows of a spot, please let me know.