Thread: Anchorage Project Appleseed Alaska Marksmanship Clinic July 9 & 10

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Default Anchorage Project Appleseed Alaska Marksmanship Clinic July 9 & 10

Calling all Patriots!

Birchwood Range Chugiak July 9 & 10.

Do you know how to effectively use a sling on your rifle?

Do you know the Six Steps to Firing a Shot?

What is your Natural Point of Aim? How do you find it? How will it help you improve your marksmanship?

Learn to shoot your rifle well.

Improve your groups from this...

To this.

Earn the coveted Rifleman Patch!

Learn where the American Revolution was won.

Hear the story of the "Shot Heard 'round the world".

Learn why the most powerful army in the world broke and ran from colonial shop keepers and farmers at North Bridge.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Will there be another in August or September? I won't be back in state until mid-July and would like to take at some point.

Thanks,
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

There is an event in Talkeetna. I know it is relatively far from Anchorage.

We have quite a few folks from Anchorage attend the Talkeetna shoot and camp / RV at the Montana Creek campground that is less than five minutes from the USSA range. USSA also lets folks dry camp at the range with prior approval.

We have a one day clinic scheduled for November. We generally prefer folks that have attended the two day course before they do a one day course as we only review the basics that we teach during the two day. Regardless, you are more than welcome to attend the one day.

We have an "Appleseed under the Lights" planned for an October weekend that start around 5:00pm and go to 11:00pm Saturday and Sunday evenings.

The reason we do not have more summer weekend clinics scheduled at Birchwood is that we can't get the range time. We are competing with all the other organizations that want a range for the weekend. Birchwood is trying to divvy up the ranges so all users get some time. That is the reason for the October evening clinic. It is something new, (to us), we are trying so that we have something available.

Quote Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
    There is an event in Talkeetna. I know it is relatively far from Anchorage.

We have quite a few folks from Anchorage attend the Talkeetna shoot and camp / RV at the Montana Creek campground that is less than five minutes from the USSA range. USSA also lets folks dry camp at the range with prior approval.

We have a one day clinic scheduled for November. We generally prefer folks that have attended the two day course before they do a one day course as we only review the basics that we teach during the two day. Regardless, you are more than welcome to attend the one day.

We have an "Appleseed under the Lights" planned for an October weekend that start around 5:00pm and go to 11:00pm Saturday and Sunday evenings.

The reason we do not have more summer weekend clinics scheduled at Birchwood is that we can't get the range time. We are competing with all the other organizations that want a range for the weekend. Birchwood is trying to divvy up the ranges so all users get some time. That is the reason for the October evening clinic. It is something new, (to us), we are trying so that we have something available.
    Sounds good! I'll look at my calendar for the fall and see what I can do to make one. I do like the under the lights idea, seems like a decent compromise when everyone and their brother is trying to get range time during the summer.
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

We will have .22LR for adults and youth for use at the shoot at reasonable prices.

We also have loaner .22 rifles.

Sign up soon to guarantee a spot. Folks often wait till the last day or two to sign up and then it's too late.

Only A few slots left.