Thread: ************* rafts/company

Default ************* rafts/company

I recently bought a raft from ****. I'll simply submit my experience as data for potential buyers.

I didn't do the DD I typically do on a purchase like this. After purchasing, I did run across some rather negative stuff on the durability of the boats and accessories. Enough that I made a call, and asked the sale be stopped. I was told no problem, we are over two weeks back ordered anyway... the owner then came on and informed me the raft had shipped. I said, well. I'll eat the shipping, BUT I just don't feel this raft will suit my needs(I can not say this is true as I never tried the product, but was not willing to put my hunt on the line finding out, and had read enough stuff to give me doubts). He said let me check, and call back.

5 hours later, a ticket was initiated at his business, 7 hours later UPS took possession(I checked this several times). He told me it had shipped days ago..

I called again, and asked what? He said all sale item sales are final, pick something else. I said I don't want anything else... and I'll be sending it back.

He later cancelled shipment... has the raft back, and is holding my three grand..lol

I have no idea what will happen here... or if even the raft is suitable. I do know I don't like this type of business... take it for what it's worth.. I have a 100% rating on Ebay with 200 purchases, and find myself extremely reasonable. I do NOT have a good opinion of the way this guy does business.
    Last edited by kingfisherktn; 06-06-2016 at 11:10.

be prepared to have this removed. Site doesn't like names to be named. tks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Casper50 View Post
    be prepared to have this removed. Site doesn't like names to be named. tks anyway

fair enough... remove away... I do recall seeing other reviews of products here... Larry's rafts have been reviewed over and over, and many other products. I have the utmost respect for Mike and the site... if he doesn't like it... hit delete..

Just honest info provided..

Did you try contacting the credit card company? I had to do that a few years ago for a different company that didn't refund my money after taking way too long to ship a raft and I cancelled the order. Also try contacting the BBB.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Quote Originally Posted by TOMCOD View Post
    Did you try contacting the credit card company? I had to do that a few years ago for a different company that didn't refund my money after taking way too long to ship a raft and I cancelled the order. Also try contacting the BBB.

thanks Tom.. grrr.. getting my boat ready for the commercial seine season, not a lot of time right now. Hoping this post is not a TOS violation. Granted I am a bit unhappy... but I did state the facts straight forward. Larry has faced some pretty pointed criticism here, and fielded the concerns..

anyway... thanks... I'll try those ideas.. the fact he's just holding my money, and has the raft back is a bit unbelievable.

I'd really more than anything like to hear about how these rafts performed with a moose in them... since that was the objective from the start....also how they might work being powered against the current.. oars/saddles performance..

Quote Originally Posted by Casper50 View Post

Casper is correct, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Casper is correct, sorry.

yea, looks like..

Larry is not who I was talking about... I use his pack raft, and find it fine for what it is... a light weight load carrying device.. limitations always come when you save weight.

Also seems we have discussed Larry's products in great length here... but message received.. end of discussion..

Shame... seems a good place to find out about products for other hunters..

EBay?? You bought the thing on Ebay...Ouch...I buy some items on Ebay but only if I know exactly what it is. I bought a batch of cots for my outfitting business back in 2005(?) and they were crap. When I contacted the seller and told him about the poor quality and demanded a refund I got the same type of response. I informed the sell He should expect a blazing response and I asked him if his reputation was worth a bunch of crap cots?

I was given a refund.

Was the Raft a PVC product??

No, I didn't buy off eBay... I was just using my eBay purchase history as an indication I am not a return evertthing kind a guy. So this guy.. DS. Who told me on the phone the raft would draw 2-3 inches with a 1000 pound load... Then doubled down when I challenged this claim... He then went on of course that is all it will draw... He said the floor alone wil float 800 pounds... That's not the point... That's the floor fully submerged... I need to know what the boat will draw for a shallow water hunt. He told me 2-3 inches. Well... Simple physics tells you to float 1000 pounds you need to displace 16 cubic foot of water... A 12 foot by 4 foot square would Dean over 4,inches. So the round raft most likely will draw closer to 6 inches..

Just wondering how he gets away with his lies and tricks? He would not cancel my order.. After his employee told me the boat was two weeks back ordered... And he was sorry for the delay. I said well good cancel it. 6 hours later he initiates shipping with ups and tells me no refunds on sale items. Unfortunate he can lie to his customers and get away with it... And flip side we cannot share his name on a message board. It would help people to k ow these things... Feedback is good. Its what keeps places like eBay honest... So email if considering a purchase with DS... I highly recommend against it

I agree that the salesman was blowing smoke. You have plenty of options to express your dissatisfaction with the company including going through the BBB, posting on Yelp, or even contacting the state attorney general. But the owners of this forum don't want it to be an airing of grievances site. I don't think that prohibits you from responding to PMs. You could also make a blog on WordPress or other free blog site and share your opinion with the world. Dunno how forum proprietors would feel about linkng to a separate blog but I'm guessing that would be OK too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If you used paypal just cancell
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Thanks for the ideas. This has been a learning experience for me. I was under the impression using your credit card afforded you some protection. This guy knows the game, and his items are ALWAYS on sale. He goes from Mother's Day to Father's Day to Memorial Day to Fourth of July ... All sales... All final no returns...lol. He's researched it as many people try to return his worthless crap. I tried better business he just ignored their inquiries as he did with the credit card company. Amazing he feels good about selling crap like this and then skrewing people over. Yup, I get why the site admins don't want to get into this on here... I just wanted to warn other hunters of what this business was all about...ill try the Atorney General and Yelp. This is not about the money... I don't like getting lied to... Being told a story to make a sale.... Raft simply will not work for my application. And he knew that...

So you have a 9'x43" packraft that is rated for 850 lbs and your happy, then you buy this 12'x52" raft that's rated for 1000 lbs and your mad at D.S. for over stating the weight rating???

I bought the same raft and have used it extensively this summer. I'm very happy with what it can carry and how it handles shallow water. We plan on using 4 of them this fall for moose and could easily haul 3-4 moose if we needed to. Would I believe D.S. if he told me it would haul 1000 lbs and only draft 2 inches, no way. Am I happy with my purchase, absolutely.

so, since we cannot list a manufacturer here to warn other users about said seller(and I respect this site's policy), any suggestions how to do so?

this guy, flat out lied to me, and when I called to cancel the order, an order that was supposedly backlogged two weeks, the attendant telling me this was interrupted, and and the raft miraculously shipped that day..lol I refused the shipment, was not refunded, and it was sent again. It's worthlEss to me, as it will not even come close to the specs the seller said it would..WHICH I SPECIFICALLY asked, AS i KNEW WHAT i NEEDED.

It's amazing how much the seller was protected here... and he's done this to MANY people. These type forums are a good way to inform other consumers... any way.. I'm interested in letting others know how under handed and immoral this guy is... never done this before... typically very happy with my purchases... this guy is a crook, plain and simple.

Just have not had the time or energy to file with the UTAH CONSUMER PROTECTION AGENCY, over this guy's unscrupulous business practice.

rant over... raft, sitting unused in my shed... it's no good to me... it doesn't come close to doing what this guy said it would.

Quote Originally Posted by anchorrivercrowds View Post
    so, since we cannot list a manufacturer here to warn other users about said seller(and I respect this site's policy), any suggestions how to do so?

this guy, flat out lied to me, and when I called to cancel the order, an order that was supposedly backlogged two weeks, the attendant telling me this was interrupted, and and the raft miraculously shipped that day..lol I refused the shipment, was not refunded, and it was sent again. It's worthlEss to me, as it will not even come close to the specs the seller said it would..WHICH I SPECIFICALLY asked, AS i KNEW WHAT i NEEDED.

It's amazing how much the seller was protected here... and he's done this to MANY people. These type forums are a good way to inform other consumers... any way.. I'm interested in letting others know how under handed and immoral this guy is... never done this before... typically very happy with my purchases... this guy is a crook, plain and simple.

Just have not had the time or energy to file with the UTAH CONSUMER PROTECTION AGENCY, over this guy's unscrupulous business practice.

rant over... raft, sitting unused in my shed... it's no good to me... it doesn't come close to doing what this guy said it would.
    I believe there is no problem if you say that you had problems with a local, well known, national, (insert appropriate descriptor here) manufacturer and then tell people that they can PM you for specifics if they want. Not the most efficient way to get information out, but seems like it has been a way that has worked on this site in the past for similar issues.

Anyone who wants to know the companies name can PM you and your free to share any info you choose.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts