Thread: Blown tire now...

Default Blown tire now...

Got 224 miles on my new arctic cat hdx crew, gone thru two springs, two electrical codes, one leaky radiator and now...a tire blew out on a soft mud trail. BANG...no fixing this one. Does this seem odd to anyone?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I can see no viable reason for the springs to break other than a manufacturing issue. Depends on what/why you threw the codes as that can easily be something simple as a loose connection to a computer failure. Leaky radiator can also be a loose connection or having a stick ram into it while you were driving. Unless you find a manufacturing issue, chance are you ran over something that caused the flat. All in all, I think you feel this machine is jinxed and not for you. You just need to decide if it's time to cut your loses and sell it or ride out the bugs until it's what you want.Like all new off the floor items you will take a finacial hit, but it may be worth it for peace of mind. I don't think you have come close to this being a "lemon" but I'm not an attorney. Again, my grief is the springs which should not break as you have described previously.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

I hear ya roger! I was digging on this machine lately,
    Even talking up it a bit! Lol tire really surprised me. At the least this will teach me to carry a spare!
    Master guide 212

The first thing I has with our Prowler, less then 10 miles, was to remove the stock tires and put on a good set of heavy duty tires. These have 8 ply side walls and have been really good. These machines are on the heavy side and to me, the stock tires are not up to par for the running we do in Alaska.
    I came across some riders a week ago on the Rippy trail that had a brand new Ranger, first time out, and they messed up a tire. I looked at the part of the trail where hey were and I could not see any reason for the tire to go. It happens to all of us.

Good points!
    Jake
    Master guide 212

I thought my 2011 Can Am was jinxed... left me stranded with 100 miles on it due to a bad crank sensor. I was ready to set it on fire....

Since then though...it's been bullet proof but I've never really trusted it 100%.

My big issue with these newer, bigger machines... the cost is up there rivaling an entry level car and you get a 6mo warranty.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I bought a Kymco 700 and it has been a beast. Only problem was a battery wire but that's because I didn't connect correctly after winter.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Got 224 miles on my new arctic cat hdx crew, gone thru two springs, two electrical codes, one leaky radiator and now...a tire blew out on a soft mud trail. BANG...no fixing this one. Does this seem odd to anyone?
    I posted in another thread I was NO fan of AC and why. But tire, that is just bad luck--can't pin that on AC or the machine.

Stock tires across the board are not very good.

So did it rip the sidewall, punch a hole or just come off the rim? Soft Mud....a rock, stump or a branch maybe?

When it comes to SxS aftermarket tires are the only way to go....6 ply minimum 8 ply way better.....

That machine have 14" rims or 12's....If 12's I have a few spares here. Not gotten thru a set of 14's yet to say I have spares. Summer time I run aftermarket tires, winter time I run stock tires with tire screws.