Thread: Recommendations for Fly-In trips?

Default Recommendations for Fly-In trips?

Any recommendations on an inexpensive service for a fly-in fishing trip? I'm looking for an unguided trip for a few days. I'm in Anchorage and willing to drive. I found one that was only about $250 per person, which sounds pretty good!

That does sound like a good deal. it does depend on where your going though and what your fishing for. Inexpensive up here it tough. Use the net shop around. There are some great outfitters that can set you up at a reasonable price
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Inexpensive fly out concerning!!!

I agree with the previous post and also add that if the service is inexpensive, where are they cutting costs? Are the aircraft well maintained? Are the pilots well qualified and well paid? Most definitely shop around and ask a lot of questions!!

Out of the Kenai/Soldotna area there are three very qualified charter services, but not all will do custom trips so ask a lot of questions...

www.alaskawestair.com
    www.talonair.com
    www.highadventureair.com

There are an abundance of charters available in the Anchorage area, but I am not familiar enough with any to recommend one.

Good luck

If your looking for a flight service in anchorage I suggest Ellison's air service on lake hood. The family has been flying up here for over 30 years. John's planes are well maintained and so clean you can eat off the floors or floats. My family has known them since john got his pilots license before his drivers license. Good folks, locally owned and worth a phone call
    Good Luck Chuck

I would also recommend Trail Ridge on Lake Hood. They have a variety of packages and options. We had a good time with them for kings a couple weeks ago. http://www.trailridgeair.com/

I have never used TrailRidge but have heard nothing but good things about them also

Default second that

Trail ridge air is great!! We have used them in the past and they are very easy to work with and do not cut corners....