Thread: 1 Killed, 3 Injured at Uyak Bay cannery location. Steele Davis?

Default 1 Killed, 3 Injured at Uyak Bay cannery location. Steele Davis?

I hope this is not Steele Davis' place.
    http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Coa...381652871.html

Quote Originally Posted by PacWestFishTaxidermy View Post
    I hope this is not Steele Davis' place.
    http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Coa...381652871.html
    Yep, it's his place. Prayers for all involved.

No word yet on Steele, but it was his place alright. Lotta fingers crossed in Kodiak right now.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Was so shocked to read this in the paper this morning. I have spent many hours in the bunkhouse that is center of the fire. The picture shows the fire pretty much involving everything from the mess hall to the warehouse. That would be the bunkhouse, meat packing shed, and 2 storage buildings. If anybody hears any news, I would appreciate a PM. Been trying to find what I could this morning but information is scarce. Steels is a standup guy and runs a great place there.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle50 View Post
    Was so shocked to read this in the paper this morning. I have spent many hours in the bunkhouse that is center of the fire. The picture shows the fire pretty much involving everything from the mess hall to the warehouse. That would be the bunkhouse, meat packing shed, and 2 storage buildings. If anybody hears any news, I would appreciate a PM. Been trying to find what I could this morning but information is scarce. Steels is a standup guy and runs a great place there.

Randy
    Randy, I'm in the same boat as you. Been checking in every hour waiting for them to release names. I consider Steele a good friend and just got a email from him that he got back from a NASCAR race and had a great time. Very much hope all is well with him..

Just got confirmation that Steele is beat up but he's ok..

That's too bad, but thank goodness he is alive. Thanks for the update. He has tons of friends and I hope we can all help him get back in operation.

Quote Originally Posted by PacWestFishTaxidermy View Post
    That's too bad, but thank goodness he is alive. Thanks for the update. He has tons of friends and I hope we can all help him get back in operation.
    Thats who I just got the info from, an electrical contractor that has been sending material out to get him running again. We are donating wire and misc material at cost for him. I feel for the family that has lost someone. Just a terrible situation.

This from the most recent trooper log:

UPDATE: On 6/2/2016 at approximately 2215 hours, The P/V Cama’i reached the scene. Troopers located and recovered the remains of an individual in fire debris. The remains will be sent to the State Medical Examiner’s Office in Anchorage for an autopsy and positive identification. It is believed that the surviving victims and the deceased are all foreign nationals. Troopers are working to positively identify the survivors of the fire. Names of the victims will be released after they are confirmed and all appropriate notifications are made. A Deputy Fire Marshal is continuing the investigation into the cause and circumstances of the fire.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard