Thread: Hinchinbrook for halibut June 13-16 anyone?

Default Hinchinbrook for halibut June 13-16 anyone?

Going to be out at our cabin on east side of PWS not too far from Knowles Head, tired of poor halibut fishing inside PWS...anyone knowledgeable of halibut spots around Hinchinbrook, especially north side which isn't too far, want to join up with my son and I with your boat June 13-16? We have a 26' Hewes Alaskan, and would be OK with spending one night out there before heading back....we know how to fish, been going to PWS for the last 20 years, just never ventured out to the entrance....but we are more than ready after years of poor fishing for halibut! PM me if you want, I will watch for it. Or, just spill the beans on some good spots if you are kind-hearted and can't go this trip!

We fished in port etches over Memorial weekend and caught tons of little halibut. It actually got annoying rebaiting and as soon as the bait hit bottom we were pulling up little 10 pounders(if that). Looked like all the charter boats were going out in to the gulf. We had originally planned on going to Seal rocks out a bit into the gulf but we watched them getting pounded heading out and nixed that plan.

Thanks, Seafish! Yeah, I know the charters are pounding out to the Gulf and the SW end of Montague, man those guys work for a living! Not that desperate, and sometimes even a few 10 pounders sound good!.I'll check that port out on the chart...

I go out into the gulf and get pounded and still no fish for me! My little tin can makes it pretty rough if she ain't flat calm.

Hit the main points in about 300' and look for gravel and rocks. Chickens can be had drifting or anchoring in the mud flats.

Pretty sure I'm gonna take a shot at Hinchinbrook Friday afternoon. Plan to soak some bait Friday night and look for some Chinook Saturday. Anyone have any info they would care to share about Kings in the area? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk