Thread: Homer fishing hole

Default Homer fishing hole

Has anyone ever targeted with success silvers off the beach in the salt outside of Homer fishing hole. Have the evening prior to my charter in late July to kill and was hoping to strip some clousers off the beach for cruising fish. Figure hitting it a couple of hours prior to high tide. I have seen some guys drifting herring under a float before.
    Live in WA and we fish Puget sound this way with good results.

That may be just a bit early but I have caught them there on spinners (I like the orange flying C), usually as the tide is coming in fishing out in the ocean. Timing is hard to tell but they could be there.

they do well on KING's on the incoming tide out side of the beach , I have not dun it, but have seen people in small boats do well
    so when the silvers are at it you should do well I think SID

I caught a silver salmon a few year back fishing the lagoon outlet, out going tide, but with salmon roe. I suspect you can fly fish the beach around that area for them as well.

I caught a siver down there about a week ago. I prefer low tide because there are less people and we've done well this year. I think between my wife and kids we have caught 10 kings and 1 silver so far this year. Funny thing is that all of then have either been on blue or orange #5 or #6 vibrax or Kodiak customs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thumper36 View Post
    I caught a siver down there about a week ago. I prefer low tide because there are less people and we've done well this year. I think between my wife and kids we have caught 10 kings and 1 silver so far this year. Funny thing is that all of then have either been on blue or orange #5 or #6 vibrax or Kodiak customs.

Did you fish from shore or boat? I heard that there are resident king in the water around Homer. But I don't know if they are close enough to shore for bank fisherman.

We were from the shore in a man made terminal fishing area on the Homer Spit.