Thread: Hello everyone, purchasing a new boat

Smile Hello everyone, purchasing a new boat

I've been researching a lot on boats. With the money and what the sea sport has to offer is good. Looking to get a 24 ft explorer sea sport with twin outboards. Stove, sink, refridgerator too. I really like the Hewescraft Pacific Cruiser, but too spendy. I looked at the Raider boats, good price brand new. I read posts in the forum, but there dated 2012. Heard the company has improved on website and builds great boat. Experienced opinions please!! I'll keep researching of course. Mainly concerned about welds and the thickness that is used? Anyone that has experience with Raider boats 24 ft would be greatly appreciated?? Thanks!!!

The only Raider I have seen have been bare bones. I run a lot with a buddy that has a 26, in anything over a 2' chop he's below 20kts where as my 25Carolina is still running at 25kts no problem. That's about all I can say about them, they are close to a Hewe's from my experience.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

try posting this in the saltwater boating section, bet you'll get more info.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Mike builds nice boats. A friend had one for years. Last summer I sold it to Crazy Ray charters after doing a bunch of work on it for him.
    Its a 30'er. Its now called the ''I crazy II'' in Whittier. Talked to Ray yesterday and he's loving it. Economical, high sides, well built, and a solid fishing machine.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by fishing nut View Post
    I've been researching a lot on boats. With the money and what the sea sport has to offer is good. Looking to get a 24 ft explorer sea sport with twin outboards.
    You should PM TlingitWarrior, he is talking about selling his 24' SeaSport with twin outboards. I have a brother-in-law who has a Raider 2484 and it is a great boat (twin F115s).

Sobie2

Very Very Very Happy with my Weldcraft cuddy king!!! Lots of people say dont get a fridge they are worthless and I would disagree! Any questions PM me on my build if interested
    "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    try posting this in the saltwater boating section, bet you'll get more info.
    Ok thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fished on my buddy's Raider 24 and was very impressed with the boat. Great both bucking a 3' sea and with that same sea following on the quarter. Good fishing deck.