Thread: Arctic cat opinion.. 2007 500 automatic...

Default Arctic cat opinion.. 2007 500 automatic...

Picked up a nice bike last night off of CL...

I'm a devoted Yamaha guy but this Arctic Cat 500 is super clean with only 230 miles. The gal was selling her deceased husband's machine and just wanted it out of her garage. For $2500 it was a no brainer. It was probably a $7000 machine if not more.
    Bike has about every option A/C offered.

The thing is an absolute beast, it makes my 660 grizzly look small in comparison.
    My petite wife will have to take the griz, and I'll take the cat.

Build quality looks excellent.
    Curious if anyone here owns one of these bikes....???

Proud to be an American!

We have a pair of 2006 500 cats and they have been good machines. We did replace the stock tires with good, heavy side wall after market tires. My machine has over 2600 miles on it and still a good strong machine.
    Good find, at a very good price!!

We have 2 AC's of similar vintage that we use at a remote work camp. They do appear very robust and well built. Ours work well. My personal machine is a 2007 grizzly 700 with power steering and EFI. When I ride the cats I'm rudely reminded how much effort it takes to steer a machine with big mud tires w/o power steering - ugh! Our cats don't have EFI either and sometimes one of them dies while sitting at an idle. Certainly, you found an amazing deal on a very capable machine!

Thanks for the insights, fellas, appreciated,
    Proud to be an American!

I have a 2009 with the manual tranny. It's a great machine, but the stock tires are crap IMHO. I went with Swamp Lites and it improved the performance 10 fold. It gets great gas milage and has power to spare. Not a racing machine, but is a workhorse.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

I have four of that vintage.. two 400's and two 500's. I have beat the living crap out of my personal 500 and it keeps coming back for more. I've had to replace the wheel bearings at 2500 miles on mine. The stock tires are junk. Otherwise a great machine.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem