Thread: Boot Seam durability

Default Boot Seam durability

Hello,

I have a pair of lowa gtx hunters. the seams on the outside of the foot tear every year hunting from sidehilling. this allows water to enter by the end of the hunt. I have had boot country repair the seams twice now however I want to cot the thread/seams with something to increase durability.

Any ideas on what product to use to do this?

Thanks
    NRA life Member JVJ

You need to use a nitrile rubber Welt-Seal. Sno-Seal and Atsko both sell an equivalent product and they both call it Welt-Seal. It's hella useful, not just for protecting boot stitching, but I also use it to protect the seams on my good work gloves and I use it to repair leaks in my waders.

Problem is, you can't mail order it to Alaska, and it's hard to find. Whenever I travel to the Lower-48 it's one of the products that I buy ten tubes of.

The Atsko website does a good job of explaining. If anybody knows of a place in Anchorage that sells it, I'd love to know. I'm on my last tube.

http://www.atsko.com/welt-seal-facts/

interesting... would be interested if anyone else can find any locally. Thanks

Yeah, appreciate the info and will keep my eyes peeled.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, I just checked TSA and they specifically disallow you carrying seam sealers in your checked or carry on luggage. So... I guess I've been breaking the law when I've brought this stuff up from the Lower-48.

*sigh*

I really don't want my 747 to fall out of the sky in a fiery ball of death, but seam sealer? Really?

You can use aqua seal too. Its sold at most outdoor retailers.