Thread: Truck bed push pull pole

Default Truck bed push pull pole

With the new DIY tonneau cover, the need for a reaching pole has increased. After looking at a few commercially available options we opted to make our own to combine features from a few poles on the market. Time to fire up the 3D printer again. This time to make a hook for the end of the pole.

Then bend a hook from a piece of EMT conduit and put the printed hook in one end and a spring detent in the other.

The poll will serve more than one purpose so it needs to be extendable/collapsible. This is a window washers pole that goes from 4ft to 8 ft.

Because It snows here in WI and the tonneau cover will need cleaning as will the bed of the truck so the head needs to be easily changed so the pole can have multiple uses.

In the storage/collapsed mode it will act as a stop bar to keep things from sliding forward in the bed.

Now because its so dark under the new cover, lighting is the next step.

A very short video of the pole in use.

As usual, very nice work. Here is a site that might be of use for your lighting project. https://www.oznium.com/
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Something tells me the lighting solution has already been installed. Nice work as always. Where does one get powder coated EMT?

FANCY!!

Mine is a six foot 2"x2" with a screw in hook in the end...works on everything from trash bags to cats.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
    Something tells me the lighting solution has already been installed. Nice work as always. Where does one get powder coated EMT?
    That primed and then lacquer coated EMT. The lighting is still pending. Yesterday I made an Ebay purchase that should be here next week. Im still kicking around ideas. Hard wire it into the system or battery powered???? On/off switch or PIR motion sensors??? Both sides of one side??

I still have to figure out what I want, how to mount it, etc.