Thread: Water pump/shower dripping

Default Water pump/shower dripping

Ok dudes/dudettes
    I may just be thinking outloud but any pointers or help I would greatly appreciate.
    I just bought a 19ft travel trailer, the owner didn't dewinterize it before selling and after I dewinterized it the shower foucet was dripping with the water pump intermittently turning on approx every 30 seconds while the drip was going, the drip has since progressed a little and is now almost a stream (while the pump is on obviously).
    I am thinking I need to start by changing the faucet (which is an easy fix) and move on from there in hopes that its the faucet thats busted, also the shower head was cracked so I need to replace that as well (no biggie). Is there anything else I should be checking or looking into, I want to exhaust my options before taking it in, and I also like working on these things but I have never had a trailer so I am new to all this. Any and all help would be awesome, thanks!
    safe travels

Sounds like you have a good plan already.

Replace the cracked or leaking fixtures and see what happens.
    Why is the shower head is cracked? Age? Or possibly not drained prior to freezing?

If you think it's cracked due to freezing you'll want to examine your pipes for leaks once you supply water again.

Also.. my water pump is on only when I am using it. No need to leave it on all the time. (Unsure if you knew that or not)
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

The original owner thinks he forgot to drain prior to winterizing so hopefully it's just the faucet fixture that needs replaced.
    I guess I did not know that you didnt need to leave it on all the time but I would have more piece of mind knowing there isnt an active leak when it is on :/