Thread: S&W Model 500 .500 Magnum 8-3/8"

Default S&W Model 500 .500 Magnum 8-3/8"

For sale is one original X-frame, earlier model, 8-3/8" S&W .500 Magnum.

Gun's been shot minimally and is Very Good + condition.

Comes with Sportsman's center-of-chest holster, and approximately 30 catridges; mostly hardened 400+ grain lead..

Gun is for sale on another site. If it sells there, I'll remove the posting. if it sells here, I'll send the 5% fee (assuming that's what it still is? Been a while since I visited the site).

Price is: $865

Gun is in Fairbanks, and sale will take place with cash, face-to-face, in daylight, in public place, with I.D. and bill of sale (2 bills of sale if the buyer wants a copy)

PMs or open discussion, take your pick.

I'll send those interested in seeing the revolver my cell #, but I live out of town in the hills and trees, so I retrieve my messages from my cell by calling it remotely. Serious inquiries only, as driving back and forth to town over break-up gravel roads isn't my idea of fun these days.

Thanks for your interest..

By 'public place,' I mean a place where there's lots of traffic, such as a parking lot in town.

By 'bill of sale,' I meant a hand-written receipt, identifying both parties, for both parties' sake.

Any other questions about terms etc., please let me know.

I've got a 4" newer version of the same gun, and don't need two.

Re-checked the majority of cartridges; hardened lead are actually the 375 grain, not the 440 grain CorBon Hunter loads.

Price is relatively firm.

If I travel to Anchorage, down the Parks Hwy, and someone is interested down that way, I'll let them know when I head down.

Checked Sportsman's Warehouse and they wanted $1,199.00 for this revolver.

A local non-franchised outfitter store in Fairbanks had a 6-1/2" version, for which they wanted $1,229.00.

Fred's quoted me $1,250.00 to $1,300.00 if they were to order one in 8-3/8" for me, but noted that was strictly an estimate.

In that regard, and considering the extras and the gun's condition and history, I think the price stated is more than fair.

Thanks again.

Still for sale. Same specifics and conditions as previously stated.

Thanks..

Default Pic up-loaded

Hopefully there's now a pic of the revolver and accessories in this post. The 12 cartridges in the left side of the pic are jacketed soft point. The Styrofoam rack of 20 (minus 4) are 375 grain alloy lead, and the three odd-ball cartridges in the baggie are jacketed hollow-point.The road maintenance folks graded and rolled our roads finally, so trips to town for prospective buyers don't jar the kidneys quite as badly as they previously did.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Weekly bump....

Weekly bump. Surely someone needs or wants a fine stnls large-bore revolver with rifle-like ballistics? Would it help you make the decision if you knew the bears shudder to think you're contemplating buying this fine piece?And I'll shave $35-$40 off the already amazing price for anyone willing to help weed our garden AND buy the Smith & Wesson!! How can you possibly go wrong with that deal?

6-29-2016Weekly bump.Gun's still here. Still looking for its forever home.Weeded the majority of the garden a few days ago myself, so the possible $35-$40 discount for agricultural labor has temporarily been removed from the bargaining table.But rest assured, the chick weed and others will return.Thanks.Checking this page mostly daily, bumping weekly.

Default Items Sold at Full Price at Another Site

The items were sold at full price at another site a week or two ago. Apologies for the lateness in cleaning up my ad here.Please delete the ad.Thanks