Thread: How's THIS for close?!?

Default How's THIS for close?!?

So finished a trip to PWS today, and found this on my last pot pull of the day:

WP_20160519_11_39_45_Pro.jpgWP_20160519_12_03_22_Pro.jpg
    Some jackass (K. Rhoades) dropped his pots right on mine. not a gawd d**m pot in sight, and he dropped right on my set. Did not tangle, which was freaking AMAZING as one of mine had quite a bit of extra line, but I was dropping on the same area of a couple days so it's not like I wasn't visible. The best part is since it was my last pull I dropped in a slightly new spot as an experiment and it SUCKED. TOTALLY SUCKED. I hope K. Rhodes draws 2 blanks (he did this to 2 of my pots) and screams my name in vain. He has NO F***ING idea how close I came to blasting his buoys with my new suppressed 12ga shotgun. NO IDEA. I was PRAYING we were tangled, as I would would not have been kind. If you know this *********e, tell him to steer clear of me.
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

his name K. Rhoades
    Attachment 89240
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

Quote Originally Posted by Swissy View Post
    his name K. Rhoades
    Attachment 89240
    Maybe the the tide pulled them deeper and they drifted your way? Maybe a shrimp thief pulled both of yours, took the shrimp and dropped them next to each other? Sucks anyway you look at it though...

That does suck and it does appear from what we can see that he was trying to set on your spot.
    If I were him I would have never set that close.
    He could have easily marked your buoys with his GPS for his next time out. I know I have marked buoys in an area in the past to check out at a later date.
    I have set pots before in rougher weather only to realize I was setting on top of someone else who just had a couple green foam bullet buoys on their line. Those things can be hard to see in good weather sometimes.
    When I realized it I was only half way down so I drug my pot out of his way and let it drop in a safer spot where we wouldn't tangle.
    I felt that was the right thing to do and certainly avoided any potential incident.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Perhaps the good Samaritan move in cases like this would be to wrap his line around a cleat and drag his pots a few hundred yards into deeper water - you know - to avoid a potentially costly and or dangerous tangle....