Thread: Ship creek boat fishing

Default Ship creek boat fishing

Anyone have experience fish the mouth of ship creek from a boat? Is it productive? I've seen people doing it but haven't tried it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done it a bunch and don't think it's worth the hassle. Also, you end up pissing off a couple hundred people on shore as well.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

You can do it. Just stay on the opposite side of the water from people on shore, and go slowly (no wake) at all times, and if you hook up stay on your side of the river. You can fish a boat as far up as the last big elbow on the flats, nobody really fishes the mouth proper, mostly upstream in the flats.

It feels like the scene in "Apocalypse Now" when the riverboat goes through the stretch with local tribesman standing and silently staring along the way. Personally I have never seen a fish caught from a boat there, and I never caught one from a boat after several tries, I don't think the boats have any advantage over the bank, so you just have to enjoy/want to fool around with running a boat for the sake of running the boat.

Yep! What he said and u get to keep yur boots clean as u wont hafta deal with that stinkin ass mud. Ive had good luck anchored on the outside of the big corner while soakin bait off the inside of that corner. Watch the tide tho as that boat launch gets totally muddy when the water is low. Good luck man...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    I've done it a bunch and don't think it's worth the hassle. Also, you end up pissing off a couple hundred people on shore as well.
    Sounds like a personal problem to me. They all have every right to go out and fish in a boat as well.

Yellowstone , you are correct but you try to work with people not just TICK them off as they have rights also an who gets there first as I see it
    if you tick them off do you want to fish or spend all your time untangling your lines from the people on shore , we should work together,
    SID PS as the water is very dirty there an the fish don't school up there they just bomb on to the cleaner water, then school up ,
    I think that ,could be wrong

Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any advice on the boat launch? Does it need to have the tide on the way up or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk