Thread: Little Su. Trout.

Default Little Su. Trout.

I am considering a trip down the Little Su, where the parks highway intersects the Little Susitna River, and taking out at Burma landing?

I would like to attempt to catch some trout on the way down, and I would like to know what works for you? I have had quite a bit of luck fly fishing some of the local lakes using mosquito type fly's, and small wooly caterpillars. I will definitely attempt to work out, what works out for me, but I would definitely like to know if there is going to be anything worth catching here, and at this time of year.

I am aware that rainbow trout is catch and release only at this time of year in this area.

Thanks.

Default Little Su. Trout.

It's been a long time since I have fished for trout on the Little Su but I would typically fish sculpins and leeches this time of year. Bring nymphs along also as they may be the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by AKFreezerFiller View Post
    It's been a long time since I have fished for trout on the Little Su but I would typically fish sculpins and leeches this time of year. Bring nymphs along also as they may be the ticket.
    Where's my thumbs up button? I'd fall for a sculpin if I were a trout!

Agreed. My favorite as there is so many ways to fish them.