Thread: Wooldridge 29! Year 6!

Default Wooldridge 29! Year 6!

hi guys!..well, we are still at it!...boat is ready for year 6, taking the "Pez Gordo" to a local big lake for 4 days starting tomorrow to "give it the gears" before we hit the ocean again this summer!....last year was pretty good, halli/springs and snapper good but something happened to the late coho run_ where did they go?.....but--coho were showing up in large numbers in june/july!!
    .linda did get a 18 pounder in the one pic!

.........engines have about 800 hrs on them, but I did have a "coil" act up last year but all is good!{warranty}

cheers larry

29' Wooldridge Pilot House, Twin 200 Hp Etecs! "...Pez Gordo..."
    18' Wooldridge Sport with 200 hp sport jet. "...Little Pez..."

Great to hear about those Etecs. I've used smaller ones and loved them but folks up here seem to knock the bigger ones. Sure do love the low end on those motors.

Here's to another successful 6 years! Look me up if you ever get to PWS.

hi ric..yes, for sure!....we will prob head up to alaska in a year or two with the j boat!..want to hit the yukon!!
    ....as far as etecs, i have had an issue with their contollers which i swapped out myself in the marina(plug in.and go)
    .....but, rule #1 for me --never buy a motor where you dont have a good mechanic--regardless of the brand ..but for now-- all good!

Larry,
    How did your crabbing adventure turn out a few months ago?
    Will you stretch out the downrigger cables while on the lake?
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

hi bk..alwayd good.to hear from you!...last trip was cut short when the sport jet let me.down!..rule #2, always carry a spare lift pump!!..ha ha!...learnwd my lesson there!.. 25 mile return trip back on the kicker 6 hp motor! .no kings but we ate good on crab.and prawns!...will try to get some pics on here when i get back from this trip!...thx larry

bk..yes, regarding downriggers!....fishing for lake trout(char)...they get up to 40 lbs in this lake!...but usually happy with the 5-10 lb eaters!