Thread: clueless about AK 47 mags

Default clueless about AK 47 mags

A friend called me today wanting my advice on AK 47 magazines. I had no answer for him but told him that I would ask you guys and get back to him.

He also asked if the AK platform was tougher than.the AR platform and I said but of course. Feel free to voice your opinion on this matter as well.

Lots of folks love or hate various AKM mags. I've always had good luck with Romanian and Polish, but I don't think I've used or tried or compared all of them. AK-74 mags seem to have cult followings, but I've had good luck with all the ones I've used. Are AK's tougher than AR's? Standard answer is yes, since poor dirt-digging mooja's and VC can make or repair any AK even if it's been driven over by a tank. Drive over an AR and you have a busted AR. Bang out the AK receiver to make it flat again or bend a new one and off ya go. AK? Check.

Just yards from the Big Su

The AK is one of the most durable dependable pieces of machinery on the planet. I have had three, all Romainian and all
    worked all the time with no jams ever. Less parts, simple design, and super easy to disassemble without any tools........
    I also love my AR but if the **** ever hit the fan I would make sure my AK is with me.........another plus is it will
    eat cheap ammo all day long!
    If we all agreed....this would be no fun