Thread: Anyone has experience with the Clippership RV Rentals

Default Anyone has experience with the Clippership RV Rentals

Planning the RV trip this Summer, anyone had experience of the Clippership RV rentals?

And how about the RV of 2009-2011 year model? New enough?

Thanks!

I have no experience with Clippership but have nothing but great things to say about Great Alaska Holiday rental. Done 7 or 8 rentals over the years with them and all were top notch.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fin Chaser View Post
    I have no experience with Clippership but have nothing but great things to say about Great Alaska Holiday rental. Done 7 or 8 rentals over the years with them and all were top notch.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    They do not have any available of that dates. Thanks though!
    Th

Google reviews are not very good. Hope things work out better then what I have read.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

I will have to try, will go the GOLD 19' one.

Thanks guys!

I've heard some terrible stories about the customer service and charging for damages. I would steer clear of possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post
    I've heard some terrible stories about the customer service and charging for damages. I would steer clear of possible

Thanks for reminder!

We rented one about 4 years ago from them. Worked out fine for us.
    They're older rigs, so some wear should be expected. The check engine light came on before we left the parking lot, they said it was okay. Little red flag there. I was a little worried about if the rig was well-maintained by their mechanic crew, but it didn't give us any trouble.

With any place you rent an RV from, especially if it's an older rig, I would do a walk thru on the inside with a pen and paper and write down any stains, damage, etc. Walk the outside and note any damage, even simple stuff like water hose connection cover missing. Have them make a copy and each of you get a copy of it.

Ask about what they will do for you if the rig breaks down on the road - what SPECIFICALLY they will do, like come and get you? Even if 300 miles away? Rent you a car or bring you out a replacement motor home if rig has to be towed into a shop? For example, if you break down in Denali Park, are they just going to tow it into a shop and refund your rental and deposit, leaving you stuck on your own? That may be all the liability they claim. And it takes up to two weeks to get your deposit back. Read the fine print. Better yet, have them fax you a copy of the contract in advance so you can go over it thoroughly at home. Make a list of questions to ask them before you arrive. Once you're in their office all excited to start on your journey, you won't be taking the time to look at the details of the contract.

I've also rented from the other, bigger company mentioned above. Much newer models. Better orientation. I liked being able to show up at midnight from the airport and have access to the rig to unpack and sleep, then check in with the office later that morning. I think all of the companies offer this, though. I had no issues with this company, either. It took a lot longer to get on the road due to the long orientation, but it was worth it.

I have not rented from the alphabet place, so I have no comparison there.
    Fly fishing makes me herl

Quote Originally Posted by etdvm View Post
    We rented one about 4 years ago from them. Worked out fine for us.
    They're older rigs, so some wear should be expected. The check engine light came on before we left the parking lot, they said it was okay. Little red flag there. I was a little worried about if the rig was well-maintained by their mechanic crew, but it didn't give us any trouble.

With any place you rent an RV from, especially if it's an older rig, I would do a walk thru on the inside with a pen and paper and write down any stains, damage, etc. Walk the outside and note any damage, even simple stuff like water hose connection cover missing. Have them make a copy and each of you get a copy of it.

Ask about what they will do for you if the rig breaks down on the road - what SPECIFICALLY they will do, like come and get you? Even if 300 miles away? Rent you a car or bring you out a replacement motor home if rig has to be towed into a shop? For example, if you break down in Denali Park, are they just going to tow it into a shop and refund your rental and deposit, leaving you stuck on your own? That may be all the liability they claim. And it takes up to two weeks to get your deposit back. Read the fine print. Better yet, have them fax you a copy of the contract in advance so you can go over it thoroughly at home. Make a list of questions to ask them before you arrive. Once you're in their office all excited to start on your journey, you won't be taking the time to look at the details of the contract.

I've also rented from the other, bigger company mentioned above. Much newer models. Better orientation. I liked being able to show up at midnight from the airport and have access to the rig to unpack and sleep, then check in with the office later that morning. I think all of the companies offer this, though. I had no issues with this company, either. It took a lot longer to get on the road due to the long orientation, but it was worth it.

I have not rented from the alphabet place, so I have no comparison there.
    Thanks, really helpful advice, I will do some work before the trip.

In addition to writing it down and having them acknowledge it - use your phone or camera and record it. Easier to show than describe damage/wear and tear or the mechanics of how things work at time of pick up - AND at time of your return and the condition it is in.

Grew up exploring Alaska via the air - now it's time to explore it on a 4wheeler - one mile at a time!

Check out rvshare.com you can rent personal RVs from people on there. I've done it a few times with good results

here is another thought about taking pictures with your phone. write the date and time on a piece of paper and place the paper next to the object you are taking a picture of so that you have a time stamp on your picture. I rented from clippership about 10 years ago no problem back then, that was a was then this is now