Thread: I need a new bilge pump; suggestions?

Default I need a new bilge pump; suggestions?

I have a 16' riveted hull 1987 Hewes Craft Sea Runner with a bad bilge pump.

I was thinking of putting in an automatic bilge, but the affordable pumps run every few minutes--which would be unnecessary in this size boat, I believe.
    I'm looking for recommendations for an economical automatic bilge that operates with a float--o--just a 'normal' non-automatic bilge that has to be wired and turned on with a switch on the dash.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tim

I currently have a rule RM500A, which does not turn on every few minutes. I have it wired with a 3 way, fused, rule rocker switch. This allows me to put in in auto mode, which turns on when the float raises, or manual so I can run it when I think I need it. You are only looking at one kind of available pump. Go to one of the boat shops or sporting good stores and you will see a better selection that will fit your needs.

Unless I missing something automatic bilge pumps do not use a timer they only run when the water level turns on the pump.

Just a suggestion with two people it not that hard to drill out the rivets and replace the ones that are leaking.

There are mechanical floats,(switch), and induction switches, one that uses the water to connect 2 metal buttons to turn on the pump. I also recommend getting the correct 3 way switch, OFF, Auto, and ON. The wiring is very easy, all the instructions are on the box or in the box manual. On smaller boats I use the type of pump that can be changed out by just twisting the body and using the same base for either pump.

There are a lot on Amazon now with prime shipping.
    http://www.amazon.com/Seaflo-Automat...uto+bilge+pump

750GPM may be a bit much for your boat but there is a lot of options there.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

My hewescraft sport jet came from the factory with an auto bilge pump wired direct to the battery. It sat for four straight days in Valdez during a very heavy rain and it pumped fine and did not run down the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What are ya...a fisherman...or a catcherman?