Thread: Sights

Default Sights

I was wondering if anyone had an insight to offer on the Trophy Ridge React 5. I purchased a bow this spring (Hoyt Ignite) and it came with a 3 pin sight, which I have maxed out on. Just looking for some honest opinions and or suggestions!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AK_207 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had an insight to offer on the Trophy Ridge React 5. I purchased a bow this spring (Hoyt Ignite) and it came with a 3 pin sight, which I have maxed out on. Just looking for some honest opinions and or suggestions!

Thanks!
    Buy a Montana Black Gold sight. Excellent customer service. If it ever breaks they'll take care of you.

I like my Spot Hogg Real Deal. Good pin light, multiple adjustments etc. Have moved it off of several bows over the years. Beat it around in pick up, wheeler, boat etc.

Spot Hogg makes a durable sight, I've used two different models and only upgraded to the next model because I wanted to shoot farther than the 5 pins I had.

I have the react 5, I like it really helps me practice at longer ranges without wanting to fiddle with the sights to make sure I was "on".

Montana Black Gold is what I use. Highly recommend. Great customer service.

Question, the bow I just got has a site on it, but it has a light. The sites are fiberoptic which I believe are ok according to regs, but I thought when I went through the course in September they said no "electronic" sites, so no lights, etc. So I can just unscrew the light and call that good right?

Quote Originally Posted by Leryt View Post
    Question, the bow I just got has a site on it, but it has a light. The sites are fiberoptic which I believe are ok according to regs, but I thought when I went through the course in September they said no "electronic" sites, so no lights, etc. So I can just unscrew the light and call that good right?
    yes and no.

the BOG just carried a proposal (March 2016) to allow lighted sights, however (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) that doesn't count until next years regulations (or is it this years? the regs still seem to show no lighted sights) anyways I threw away the battery for my sight and put a little bit of JB weld in the spot so I could show that there is no way for the sight to be lighted. (I assume you're talking about a light that is inside the sight that causes the pins to light up almost)

yeah, the three pins are fiberoptic, but on the 3 oclock position a little can about a 1/4" around and about 1/2" long screws in. It has a little blue light on one end and a push button on the other. pretty slick, but also not legal. I didn't think about having to fill the hole to show I wasn't using the light ....I'll have to look into that. I figured just not carrying it would be enough, but if you got the wrong officer it wouldn't be.........

Quote Originally Posted by AK_207 View Post

Thanks!
    I've had them on the last two bows I've bought. I thought it was a gimmicks that it would sight itself so I set the 20 and 30yd pin then went right to 60 to see how close it was and it was spot on. I wouldn't hesitate to put another one on my next bow. I think the only thing I would do different is that I would buy the pro model just because it has an aluminum frame instead of the composit. I've drug mine through the brush plenty and it's held up and held a zero perfectly.
    I'm a fan.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk