Thread: BeaV's 5,000 mile paddle, up the Inside Passage and through Akaska

March thru October, Kenai Peninsula Alaska. I'm laid off and winter in Northern MN.

Default BeaV's 5,000 mile paddle, up the Inside Passage and through Akaska

http://www.bwca.com/index.cfm?fuseac...D=414&confID=1 Part 1

http://www.bwca.com/index.cfm?fuseac...ion=enterForum
    All 14 parts not in order, click on the one and insert password. I am a little computer challenged and have never posted a link on Alaska outdoors, help may be needed. Thanks

http://www.bwca.com/index.cfm?fuseac...ID=12&confID=1 General info.

All, I met BeaV on Lake Superior last winter, paddling on a balmy 25 degree day, he has given me permission to post this.

Beav's 5,000 mile ~6 month paddle from WA, through the inside passage, portaging over Chilkoot pass, down the Yukon River, around the Bering sea, across Iliamna Lake and into anchorage via Cook inlet.

BeaV has allowed the links for his journey to be posted on BWCA.com for a limited time again.
    BeaV did not do this for media attention and has shied away from any book deal. Last time the links to his trip were posted on-line, they were only available for a couple weeks. (So don't wait) There are 14 parts to this adventure, for a total of about ~9 hours viewing.

I will try my best to post the link/links here.

Each video has a password, and BeaV has asked everyone not to copy/reproduce his video.
    Enjoy
    May the rivers be crooked and winding, and the portages lonesome, leading to the most "Amazing View".

linden,
    how old is beav? just watched 1 ,5, and 6 video. really unbelievable adventure. this could be a discovery show and he is very well spoken on film. beav i think you should present this to the masses.

March thru October, Kenai Peninsula Alaska. I'm laid off and winter in Northern MN.

Quote Originally Posted by AK.airboater View Post
    linden,
    how old is beav? just watched 1 ,5, and 6 video. really unbelievable adventure. this could be a discovery show and he is very well spoken on film. beav i think you should present this to the masses.
    BeaV was doing fine last time I saw him, mid February, then I left for AK shortly after that. Since then he did a 300 mile trip around southern Florida. It was a competition race, I believe he finished first in his class but I'm not sure. He talked about paddling one stretch. I think he got two hours sleep in a 40 hour span.
    May the rivers be crooked and winding, and the portages lonesome, leading to the most "Amazing View".

Bob has been pretty adamant about not publicizing his trip. I give him a lot of credit and thanks for even allowing the video to be accessed.

Thanks for posting those links Linden.

I give him a lot of credit and thanks for even allowing the video to be accessed.
    me to. thanks bob. but i still have to wonder if last time this trip was done may have been 10,000 yrs ago when the ice sheet melted and the gentleman was heading south ?

HOL-EY WOW!
    I have been binge-watching these videos over the last week and just finished them today. I am humbled and inspired by what BeaV was able to accomplish with good preparation, experience, hard work, with grit, the grace of God, and the kindness of strangers. They don't make too many men like him! Thanks again for sharing that video series. Wish that I would have stumbled upon his epic when it was in progress. Better than any of those "reality" shows.
    Now? Off to do paperwork so that I am one step closer to my own adventures! Yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IceKing02 View Post
    Wish that I would have stumbled upon his epic when it was in progress.
    Believe me, for those of us that were following, it had us all eagerly anticipating every update the whole time he was out there. Not to mention the discussions we'd have while tracking him and we'd see where he just stopped for awhile. It was always good to know he was still ok each time he'd check back in.

Like I said before.... Ironman ain't got nothin' on him...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Wow what an amazing story. I know he does not want to publicize the story but I wish he would make documentary Dick Pronekke style like Alone in the Wilderness. I cant tell you how many times I have watched that video.