Thread: Anchor Point Calcutta King Derby

Charterboat Operator

Default Anchor Point Calcutta King Derby

for any of you interested, here is the entry form and rules, come join the fun!derby.jpgderby1.jpg
    Last edited by POLE BENDER; 05-10-2016 at 08:22. Reason: spelling

Given the entry fee is lower for kayaks, I wonder how many people I can stack on to one kayak for the extra lines??? or is that cheating? lol.

my son and I plan to fish it! Should be a few other kayaks too. Fishing was solid for kings last weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    Given the entry fee is lower for kayaks, I wonder how many people I can stack on to one kayak for the extra lines??? or is that cheating? lol.

my son and I plan to fish it! Should be a few other kayaks too. Fishing was solid for kings last weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    you should bring BARBI!!!

So does this mean the tractor launch is already operating?

Charterboat Operator

they have been open since the 29th of April

What's the fee again for the tractor launch? Can't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

75 dollars

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

How did it go? Heard plenty of fish getting called on today..
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Are the results posted on;line anywhere? I'm curious to know the results. I heard the winning fish caught was 33lbs.

Charterboat Operator

Winning fish was 36# second was 25 +/- an oz or so we had a 21 as our biggest but had a lot of fun!!

Charterboat Operator

5-14-16.jpg
    my crew for the day..

NICE! Did you get the butt on troll gear ?

A kayaker managed 3rd with a 23 pounder! What a beautemous day!!!!!! So nice out that even after a 9 hour derby, my son wanted to hit halibut after the derby. We released a 10 pound king for derby and that was it. We must have released 40 chickens after the derby but my son manages a 40 and 25 pound halibut to close out the day.

So while kings were slow during the derby, the kayakers hammered the kings late at night that day after the derby. So fish are there. Halibut are numerous but still pretty small.

20160514_204619.jpg

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    NICE! Did you get the butt on troll gear ?
    that one, no. we ran out about 2 miles and jigged her up. we did manage a 35# hali in about 15 feet of water on the troll gear that day though

Charterboat Operator

A kayaker managed 3rd with a 23 pounder! What a beautemous day!!!!!! So nice out that even after a 9 hour derby, my son wanted to hit halibut after the derby. We released a 10 pound king for derby and that was it. We must have released 40 chickens after the derby but my son manages a 40 and 25 pound halibut to close out the day.

So while kings were slow during the derby, the kayakers hammered the kings late at night that day after the derby. So fish are there. Halibut are numerous but still pretty small.

20160514_204619.jpg
    great job Rudy and son! i can now say i have honestly been run out of my spot by kayaks!! no fair teaming up on me
    i did laugh, as soon as you two hit the beach for a break, we hooked up

Here's my 3rd place king....netted it around 8am and went out a mile and got a couple small halibut before weighing in. Great day for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by SwansonSilver View Post
    Here's my 3rd place king....netted it around 8am and went out a mile and got a couple small halibut before weighing in. Great day for sure!

Nice fish! Great job catching it off your kayak!!! Seemed to go a lot smoother than the fish you entered last year though I only witnessed about half of this battle.

Nice fish! Great job catching it off your kayak!!! Seemed to go a lot smoother than the fish you entered last year though I only witnessed about half of this battle.
    Thanks Rudy, definitely went much smoother. Shorter rod, shorter leader made netting much easier from the yak. Ryu is killing it this year already. He's gonna have to show me how he gets those big halibut. I have yet to get anything over 30. See you out there...