Thread: Boat price

Default Boat price

Anyone venture to guess what the price range of such a boat would be? Thanks.

http://armstrongmarine.com/i-9279701...hing-boat.html

I'd callum up. No guesswork involved.

Click on their used boats tab on their website and see what a used one is going for.

Sobie2

You know what they say about "If you have to ask"

Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    You know what they say about "If you have to ask"
    Not really sir. I was just curious after seeing this boat on the internet.

Prob $300k ballpark...

Quote Originally Posted by h20fowler View Post
    Prob $300k ballpark...
    There are a number of Armstrong Cats in Seward;

The Tia Rose (40'), The Gemini (40'), The Predator (35'), The Tail Watcher (35'). You can talk to those guys about the boats if you are around Seward anytime this summer.

270777_144984652246813_2162509_n.jpgIMG_7159.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by h20fowler View Post
    Prob $300k ballpark...
    more like X2. I had a 30'x11' build by them and know what it cost
    Boatless

Quote Originally Posted by FISHFACE View Post
    more like X2. I had a 30'x11' build by them and know what it cost
    Yep, a decked out 32-34 non raised pilot house is in the mid 300s.

I wouldn't avoid a boat that big with stern drives like the plague. The 40' (or slightly bigger?) with twin 557s was well over 1 million.

There monohulls are probably 10-20% over a production type boat (North River).

Thanks. From an estimate of $300K to over $1M. Pretty big range there.

The Gemini (40') with 2 Marine 7 engines? You have any idea how those GM engines fair in AK waters? He's got about $150K in engines alone on that boat. Thanks for the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by chtucker View Post
    Yep, a decked out 32-34 non raised pilot house is in the mid 300s.

I wouldn't avoid a boat that big with stern drives like the plague. The 40' (or slightly bigger?) with twin 557s was well over 1 million.

There monohulls are probably 10-20% over a production type boat (North River).
    The Gemini with dual 557's cost over $1M you say? Is this a private boat or is it a charter boat? And how are those GM engines holding up in AK waters?

Quote Originally Posted by ARTSBEST View Post
    The Gemini with dual 557's cost over $1M you say? Is this a private boat or is it a charter boat? And how are those GM engines holding up in AK waters?
    I was told about 1.5mil actually. They had an interior designer involved. Armstrong has sold two boats with 557s, I don't think they would do it again. They have a commercial about 40' ferry cat in San Francisco with quad Merc 350s. Cheaper & Faster than the 557s.

It all depends on what you want. Raised pilothouse, generators, diesels, hydraulics, davits, cranes, live wells, electronics, drop down bow, rear station, it all ads up.

Mild or wild, it is all up to you and your checkbook. I have a 28' monohull with twin Yamaha 250s, rear station, full head with shower, hot water, diesel heater, diesel stove, windlass etc. I would buy another Armstrong in a heartbeat if I ever had the money and desire to go bigger. Reality and lottery winnings would drive what I did.

A 30' monohull is at least $250k, 30'cat is probably $275k and 35' cat with twins, big kicker, hydraulics for bow and crane is easily in the $350k range.

Twin D6 Volvos with drives are close to 100k on their own. Twin 300 Yamahas with rigging are close to $60k. It all adds up quickly.

$1.5 million? Is this just a personal recreational boat or is it for fishing charters?

Quote Originally Posted by ARTSBEST View Post
    $1.5 million? Is this just a personal recreational boat or is it for fishing charters?
    Fact check.....

I've been on the Gemini.... Awesome boat, but whoever told you it cost 1.5 mil was pulling your chain. That's a ludicrous overestimate of the cost of that boat. It's a personal recreation boat. The design, inside and out, was completely done by the owners and Armstrong engineers/design team.
    20141001_145900.jpg

This guy definitely knows what he is talking about!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Jrddiver View Post
    Fact check.....

I've been on the Gemini.... Awesome boat, but whoever told you it cost 1.5 mil was pulling your chain. That's a ludicrous overestimate of the cost of that boat. It's a personal recreation boat. The design, inside and out, was completely done by the owners and Armstrong engineers/design team.
    20141001_145900.jpg

Their response is: The boat you are referring to was built 4 years for an Alaskan client. It has 2 @ 8.3 Cummins and Sea Fury surface drives. There is a generous cabin under the wheel house and foredeck. There is a hydraulic drop bow for beach access.

It is a 35 knot boat and the price was in the $680,000 range back then. It is an active boat giving great service.

I was just asking and someone here posted that dollar amount of $1.5M. I know nothing regarding the pricing on such a boat so I asked all of you. Do such owners actually live on a boat like this for the season?