Thread: Wiggys

Default Wiggys

Looking to see if anyone has purchased LIGHT WEIGHT WADERS from Alaskan based company, WIGGYS. Here is the link.
    http://www.wiggys.com/clothing-outer...weight-waders/

Yes. Mine are older version. Only used once on a bear hunt. Newer ones are tougher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a half dozen of them I've bought through the years. The bottoms wear out very quickly so be careful how and where you use them. Never walk on dry ground with them. But for backpack hunting where you will have to cross a river, they do their job.

Bought a set of the old ones and they didn't last. Marc replaced them with the newer set and they are more durable. They are not made for extended wear. btw Wiggy's is really not Alaska based but Marc Taylor has a store Wiggy's Alaska here. Highly recommend you go talk to him.

Thanks! I do stand corrected on saying they're Alaskan based. Not sure how much I will have to wear hip boots or waders during planned hunt, aside from crossing any creeks or deep marsh. Looking for light, compact gear. Thanks for your input.

I have purchased a few sets. One for me, the rest for friends and family. My set is pretty old, I think I bought them in 2007 or so. I have used them almost every year since, a few times more than one hunt in a year. They are still going strong. The key is to be careful walking on rocks and to only use them from stream crossings.

Last year I wore plastic boots on my sheep hunt and didn't use them.

My friends and family have never had problems either, last set I bought was for my brother in law last year, no problems.

I have some by Flytech that you can have cheap. At least 10 years old, carried in a pack a couple times, but never used.

Make offer or I will donate to ARL next week.

Sent from my iPhone while hiding with a gun and a bottle.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Thanks for the offer my friend..but i think im going to give these waders a shot. Brand new for $60.

No worries. Anybody wants them, pm. They are new.

Curbside donation on Friday.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.