I need to add a 3-seater sxs to the stable. With the $1400 rebate Polaris is offering this month, I can't stop looking at the full-size Ranger 570 with power steering. Long story short, is this vehicle powerful enough to hunt Eureka with? Specifically, will this thing be able to get up the hill from the Little Nelchina fully loaded? Will it make it through the mud and muck? Will I be kicking myself I didn't save up for the 900?
Here's the argument playing out in my brain:
- Incredibly fuel efficient. A 300 mile fuel range?! All those jugs of extra fuel can stay home.
- This machine is marketed against the Viking 700 and the Pioneer 700....Polaris will tell you that the 570 full-size is more powerful in terms of towing & capacity.
- I'm not looking for something that goes 60mph. This is primarily a family hauler (to and from the cabin) but I would like the option to hunt with it if I decide to leave the Foreman at home.
- The 570 Big Boss owners don't seem to be griping about a lack of power...
- In fact, there's a rumor they'll put a version of the 570 in an upcoming Ranger 6x6.....if this motor could conceivably move that big beast, I should be fine, right?
- A 570cc motor in a sxs just seems under-powered these days. My buddy has a Sportsman with the 570....can a modified 4 wheeler engine really power a full-sized Ranger?
- Am I going to hate life as I'm trying to navigate the mud holes of Eureka with a moose loaded in the back?
I would love some input on this...