Thread: First time at the fly in questions

Default First time at the fly in questions

So this year will be my first time going to the Valdez fly in. I'm curious what to expect for camping, food, ect. I normal go down for fishing so I stay at my normal camp site. How much snow is in Valdez currently? I'm not flying down this year, just bringing my small travel trailer.

No snow at the airport at this time. Do a google earth review of the runway. There is a gate by the hangers on the west end of the runway. Pull in there and park on the gravel between there and the CAP hanger. That way you will be there for all the action and if you need a brake just wander back to the trailer. I am going up fri morning with my 5th wheel and will be parked by the CAP hanger. There are venders Sat and Sunday that have food. Bring grill and burgers lots of grills by the campers. Nice bathrooms in the terminal, no showers.
    DENNY

Hey thanks Denny, we normally camp up the road from the airport in a large clearing off the road a little bit, was thinking of bringing the four wheeler or RZR, is that common for people to do there? Trying to decide if I should bring the dog or not though haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not seen any four wheelers that I can remember. Might be a issue with them on the airport side of the fence (staff only). It would be hard due to foot traffic if a lot of people show up. Fair number of dogs. When do you plan on driving?
    DENNY

Thanks for the heads up, we will be driving down Friday morning. Also we will make sure to bring some extra food. Little red tear drop trailer.

I have a SEA HAWK 5th wheel GOLD F350 CC stop by and say hi.
    DENNY

Will do!