Thread: Mercury 210 question

Default Mercury 210 question

Mid this s pressure relief valve? Is it possible for it to gum up and leak? Thank you for any advice.
    image.jpg

Anything possible,You could try blowing and sucking on hose and see what happens? If you think it gummed up why don't you clean it?

It would be much higher pressure than could be created by mouth. That is the 2 cycle oil day tank. It is pressurized. I recently found another leak in a 1/8 oil line that was factory assembly created and eventually began to leak on the original owner who never found or bothered to find it. It is fixed but there is a lot of residual oil leaking down, however below this fitting looked to be a newer oil leak possibly.
    Last year that day tank cap cracked and popped off far from the launch, I was able to patch it up to get home but makes me wonder if there is too much pressure building. I just thought I would ask, I will figure it out eventually.

I believe that is the check valve that prevents he oil from draining back into the remote tank.
    Also If I remember correctly neither tank is pressurized, as the oil in the main tank is used it creates a vacuum that sucks the oil up from the remote tank. There is a sticker on my oil tank cap that warns you to make sure the cap is tight because if it is loose the tank will not refill.