Thread: My Sweet 16(60)

Default My Sweet 16(60)

Last spring I decided it was time to upgrade my jon boat so I picked up a bare bones Sea Ark 1660 MVJT and a Yamaha F70 tiller handle plus a jet unit. I wanted it without boxes or console so I could put a four wheeler in it. I had to mount the motor and once I got hat done I started rigging it up the way I wanted it.

I had Hylite fabrication start building the removable seat box bench for her. I started rigging seats, bilge, battery isolator, Rod holders, interior plug access, rod storage, 12v power plug in, fuel filter, and oars and locks.

Then I spent the summer and fall fishing and hunting with it. This is a very skinny water runner, is quick out of the hole, and cruises nicely at about 60% with good reserve power for maneuvering.

Last fall I ordered a bay kit to be able to run the prop or jet without having to move the motor. The other thing is that she ran a little light in the front end when alone with fuel in back compartment and tiller operator. So this spring I had Hylite build a bow tank under a hatch that gets the fuel weight forward without giving up my front fishing platform.
    I just got the tank rigged and plumbed and everything painted up for the start of her second season.

I still need to work on stopping before I run clear out of water, it might come to me some day.
    http://vid114.photobucket.com/albums...psm8biqyh0.mp4

Thats a sweet boat! Love the way you set that up.

That's a great rig and lots of thought & sensible upgrades. Next will be addressing a bigger boat
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

Very nice for sure...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Default I considered bigger

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    That's a great rig and lots of thought & sensible upgrades. Next will be addressing a bigger boat
    This boat works better for small drainages and is still managble when stuck solo. I have owned 15 different boats over time and rarely have had fewer than 5 at any one time. None will ever cover all uses, but this one fits the niche I am after. This is my bigger boat.

Nice boats. I have the SeaArk 1860 with a Honda 90/65. Those SeaArks can go shallow for sure. Thumbs up on the Weldcraft too!

Sobie2

Nice
    Like weight forward fuel tank,!!