Thread: Using a climbing tree stand like a "hung" tree stand

Default Using a climbing tree stand like a "hung" tree stand

This seems like an obvious question to me, but I've scoured the interwebs and come up dry. Basically, I love the Treewalker style climbing stands, and similar, however I want to LEAVE it up, and climb down a pole, tree steps, ladder, or whatever.

It seems like this should be doable as long as you strap and secure your climbing stand to the trunk? I know your weight on the stand give the teeth bite into the trunk, but this still seems like it would work fine. Most hung stands do NOT have the security, flexibility, and style of the climbing stands. And packing a ladder stand is a joke.

Thanks!

Why not? Once you use the stand to climb the tree, doesn't it act like a "hung stand"? No reason I can think of why it couldn't be hung semi- permanently.

Not only that, if you show up to your bait and the wind has shifted....well then shift you treestand.....Climbers are the best, and some models double as pack frames.

Default Using a climbing tree stand like a "hung" tree stand

Can be done. Have done it occasionally in a tree too crooked to climb. Make sure the the stand bottom is cinched on well so it doesn't shift when you are climbing in. Might still limit the trees you can use it on relative to a lock on. Lock ons are usually cheaper too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was hoping to hear - thanks gents!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

We do this all the time. I just make sure the cable that goes around the tree "hangs" on something, like a branch, or climbing step, and I put ratchet straps around the tree to secure both the seat and the foot platform.