Thread: Cabela's Alaskan Guide Geodesic Tent with Fiberglass Poles 6-Person

Default Cabela's Alaskan Guide Geodesic Tent with Fiberglass Poles 6-Person

Cabela's is having a sale and there a 100 bones off. I've been eyeballing theme for some time now and I'm thinking about getting one before there sale ends. If you have one, I would like hear how it has worked out for you. Was it a one hit wonder tent or have you got lots of long term, awful weather trips out of it?

Have had one for years. Good tent. Went through a storm with 70mph + winds. It did blow down, could not find cover from the winds, but popped back up when wind subsided. Always thought I wanted the aluminum poles until that storm. They would have bent and I'd been out of luck. The 4-man tent did not blow down in that storm. Jim

I guided out of them....great tents!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-DAG View Post
    Cabela's is having a sale and there a 100 bones off. I've been eyeballing theme for some time now and I'm thinking about getting one before there sale ends. If you have one, I would like hear! how it has worked out for you. Was it a one hit wonder tent or have you got lots of long term, awful weather trips out of it?
    Picked up a used one at a pawn shop for $90 and bought some new poles for it-still a great deal and a very good tent!

Good tent and a good price.

We have 15 of them and never had a client not like the quality!

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country
    Soon to be outfitting in unit 26!

I have the 8 man with the fiberglass poles and have had it for a number of years. It has never given me a moment's concern on any trip. I have used it across all four seasons, ranging from simple overnight trips to a caribou trip last year that was nearly two weeks. It was a lot of money at the time but in hindsight some of the best money I've ever spent.

I've stayed in them quite a few times. Very nice tent and pretty much bomb proof. If I ever ditched my Arctic Oven, that's be the tent that would take it's place.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Spent 10 days in the Brooks range on a float hunt in this tent. Solid tent for sure.
    Pretty much saved our lives in some pretty messed up weather.