Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATV tire shipping question

Default ATV tire shipping question

Has anyone found a way or company that will ship ATV tire from the lower 48 to Alaska at a reasonable price. Thanks
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Yes, most of the distributors ship anywhere in the lower 48 for free, have them Shipped to the port in Washington and then barged to Anch on any of the major shipping lines. Should cost appx $100 to ship to AK then either pick them up at the port or have them delivered to a known shipper. I used my work. It's fairly easy really and should save you quite a bit compared to buying local
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Amazon Just ordered a trailer tire here last month free shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

On amazon they ship free only if they are sold by Amazon, not a private party. Make sure of that before you order.

I ordered some a few years ago. They wanted big bucks for shipping because of the size. I got them to ship them deflated in a smaller box for a lot less money.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Did you try local??

What Tire brand, style and size? Give me an idea and see what my sources can find. Can be a real PIA and many places will not even consider shipping to Alaska. I had rims sent and it was $78 for all four but finding the place to work with was half the battle.

Had one company refuse to do business with anyone in Alaska because when he shipped stuff it would never make it to the buyer, stolen in shipment as he put it.

Thanks for the ideas I will have to check the barge and Amazon.

Dupont what I'm looking for is the 6ply Mud Lite in 26x9rx12 and 26x11rx12 Thanks You can PM me any info if you want

Be great to buy from the local shops but there over chargeing for lots of items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

A few years ago, I bought tires from a place in Texas and had the tires mailed to me. It cost about $35/tire but I still saved about $300.00 compared to buying them locally.
    There are options out there, one just need to look around.

A lot of companies ship for free in the lower 48. Have them shipped to Tacoma, Washington Carlile Express. You need to contact Carlile in Anchorage and set up an account (free) with your address and phone number. If the tires get to Tacoma by Friday, they will be in Anchorage late Monday. They ship once a week, on the weekend. I saved $100/tire and rim by this shipping method. I think the total shipping was about $60 for my 27" tires and rims.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

I just purchased 28" ITP mega meyhem's off Amazon $490 for 4 tires to my door. I'm a prime member so that helps. You have to do a search on amazon for the type of tires you want and then add prime to the end of the search and they will come up. you can also type in free shipping but as another poster said free is not always free.

I did the same thing last year for my Wife's 27" zillas, not a prime member at the time, so I had to hunt for the places that would ship for free.

I bought some swamp lites from an Ebay vendor that shipped for a reasonable fee. I think the whole set was less than $500 shipped.

Thanks for all the replies, it gives me several ideas

Give Chad a call at A2D Motorsports in Anchorage. At least let him quote you and see if it's worth ordering them out of state then finding someone to mount them. The other plus is that if you have a warranty issue with them he'll cover it out of his stock instead of dealing with some out of state outfit.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Another vote for Chad. He's a great stand up guy.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Might want to give North star Motorsports out of Wasilla a try as well.
    https://www.northstar-motorsports.com/

Ok local I would check also with Fish Creek sales in the valley, Eagle River Arctic Cat Polaris had a bunch of tires last year, just not sure what mud tires.

On line bikebandit.com and they postal all my bike tires to me. My rear bike tire is a 260 so it's not small.

Last thing is find someone traveling and have them pickup a set and fly/drive them back with them.

Thanks for all the shop suggestions now I have a bunch of phone calls to make

Quote Originally Posted by coop22250 View Post
    On amazon they ship free only if they are sold by Amazon, not a private party. Make sure of that before you order.
    Yep. What he said. I ordered 6 Kenda 8 ply tires on a Saturday evening and they were on my porch by Tuesday.

in 2012 I bought a set of Maxxis Zillas for my old Kodiak from Chapparal Motorsports. They were on sale and shipping was included. They used clear tape to stick a USPS priority shipping label on each tire. All four showed up on the same day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast