Thread: Anyone on the Peninsula scuba dive

Default Anyone on the Peninsula scuba dive

Looking for people I could talk to about scuba diving on the Peninsula. Been diving in Hawaii and will be doing a drysuit cert this summer, I'd like to continue diving at home but diving with others is definitely more enjoyable. I'm hesitant to purchase a drysuit before I can find a diving partner.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

" Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Well I'm not really looking for scientific did ING I'm just looking for fun diving.. Thanks for the link though

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Well I'm not really looking for scientific did ING I'm just looking for fun diving.. Thanks for the link though

Roger....would be worthwhile contacting them anyway....they could probably point you in the right direction....skal
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Tony, curious who you are using for the dry suit cert? I have done a bit of diving in Hawaii also and have been thinking about getting my cold water cert (I got my advanced open water but then haven't been in a few years). Just not enough time in the summer to get it done, but it would be fun and useful for me cause I got some setnet anchors I'd like to go down and replace lines on. Of course then I could write dive gear off...

Quote Originally Posted by smithtb View Post
    Tony, curious who you are using for the dry suit cert? I have done a bit of diving in Hawaii also and have been thinking about getting my cold water cert (I got my advanced open water but then haven't been in a few years). Just not enough time in the summer to get it done, but it would be fun and useful for me cause I got some setnet anchors I'd like to go down and replace lines on. Of course then I could write dive gear off...
    I had contacted "Dive Alaska" and hope to do the cert this summer or early fall sometime the cost was 500 and it's a 3 day thing with one day in the classroom one day in the pool then one day doing your open water dive and the cost included all rental fees tanks and the open water portion. They did have a boat but it is in Valdez so they are not doing weekly dives out of Seward this year like in past years so the open water stuff is done in the Whittier harbor where I guess there is a sunk Crane and WWII bomber. (might be cool to see the bomber). I recently talked to them about their training schedule, all the classes they had one of the days fell on a day I'd be on the platform but he did say I could do the training over multiple classes and didn't have to do them all at once I just couldn't do them out of order. They run until November and I am on a list to call because they are trying to get a special class together for people that can't attend their regular classes. Hopefully that will work better for me. Their rental fees are 99$ per day for all the gear minus the normal mask fins snorkel and boots. It would be great to go and dive the Eldorado narrows or thumb cove sometime but don't want to do it alone, I've got the boat just need a partner. I have a recreational diver and nitrox cert and will do the advanced diver next time in Hawaii.

BTW smithtb I think your inbox is full, have a few more questions about our last conversation.

Inbox should have some space now.