Thread: Deshka Landing

Default Deshka Landing

This is a current post from the Landing.

Most of the ice has been broken up in the launch area, it is still getting below freezing at night and the Susitna has been slow to come up and flush out. Some Member/Owners have taken Airboats out and that has helped. About 3/4's out the ice is still frozen solid to the bottom. No jet boats have tried it yet due to the slush and it will likely plug their jets.

Right now we are not open to the public, this has been the earliest year ever and the parking lot is not ready and still very soft. Mother Nature is early. Once it firms up we will let people know when they can come out to launch. Annual Pass holders will be able to come access the gate and we will be turning on Summer passes soon.

Wish somebody would update the Deshka Facebook page or the website with a status. The webcam shows boats coming and going all weekend. I'm guessing those are only members but who knows?

Correct, landing is not officially open to the public yet due to sloppy parking lot and grounded ice in the launch.
    We are very early this year and as soon as possible it will be open to the public and jetboats.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

This is via the Landing about 10 mins ago:

The water level is still low, but there were people that made successful runs over the weekend with air boats, jet boats and inboard boats. We are still not open to the public but annual pass holders who have swipe cards have gate access. Stop by the office Thursday through Monday 9am to 5pm (closed Tuesday and Wednesday) to renew annual and summer passes.

We went up the yentna on Friday and came back last night. The water was low but doable. On Friday we had to move ice to launch and paddle out of the landing but once on the river all was good. There was some ice coming down on Friday but yesterday we only saw a couple of pieces of ice and a few sticks floating around. Lots of large ice chucks on the banks of the river. I would say the river is about late September water levels. Still had some snow around the cabins but it was melting in a hurry. Be careful of the landing parking lot as I saw one person stuck on Friday. I did have the person at the landing give me a little grief about using the landing as they said that they were not open to the public yet. I told them that I was a annual pass holder and according to their rules page of the website it is open to annual pass holders May 1st to April 30. They activated my card and off we went.

Quote Originally Posted by AkGrumpy View Post
    This is a current post from the Landing.

Most of the ice has been broken up in the launch area, it is still getting below freezing at night and the Susitna has been slow to come up and flush out. Some Member/Owners have taken Airboats out and that has helped. About 3/4's out the ice is still frozen solid to the bottom. No jet boats have tried it yet due to the slush and it will likely plug their jets.

Right now we are not open to the public, this has been the earliest year ever and the parking lot is not ready and still very soft. Mother Nature is early. Once it firms up we will let people know when they can come out to launch. Annual Pass holders will be able to come access the gate and we will be turning on Summer passes soon.
    http://www.deshkalanding.com/
    looks like there
    open . Have a Happy boating summer.