Thread: Dont let me catch you!

Default Dont let me catch you!

Been shrimping a decade, never had any issues till now. Heard all the stories, discounting some and feeling very fortunate reading others. Now i got one of my own.

Fishing the usual hole, check pots Sat evening and immediatly notice something amiss. Bouy is tight! Get to the first pot and find 3 shrimp and the lines a mess! Being naturally skeptical i begin to piece it together as the remaining three are on their way up, get about 30 more feet and another wad of line?

Remaining 3 pots come in with out a hitch and are all full. O.K now it dawns on me, some dirt bag with a piss ant hauler cant lift the entire string so he just pilfers what he can get to the top.

We spent the next couple days hovering over them with no more issues. Ive heard others remarks about staying in the immediate area to watch their pots which works fine but it still plsses me off to see where its going these days.

Finished up with 7 gallons of tails for 3 days, plenty for two familys.

Some advice for the dirtbag. Dont let me catch you.

mike

Default Dont let me catch you!

Hey Mike. Had the same thing happen to us in Unakwik Sunday mid day. I dropped that morning and stretched them out as usual Went back to pull and head home but the line was all knotted up and the pots seemed stacked up on the bottom. Very few shrimp and the bait jars were nearly empty. I sure hate thieves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

A few years back we caught a bowpicker in PWS putting our pot back in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Hey Mike. Had the same thing happen to us in Unakwik Sunday mid day. I dropped that morning and stretched them out as usual Went back to pull and head home but the line was all knotted up and the pots seemed stacked up on the bottom. Very few shrimp and the bait jars were nearly empty. I sure hate thieves.

Doesn't surprise me. Unakwik was a zoo. Commercial guy making threats over vhf about rec shrimper being in his spot, like he owned the place, troopers showed up.

Just another typical story from the wonderful commercial guys, they are always so nice and respectful. One thing I would like to ask them is how do I get ahold of the real estate person selling the shrimping holes? Maybe someone can give me some help?

The only one that was a PITA was a boat out of Homer named ''High Liner''. Everyone else treated each other with respect and we all worked around each other to get some shrimp.
    Again, another awesome weekend on the sound with friends and family!

Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    The only one that was a PITA was a boat out of Homer named ''High Liner''. Everyone else treated each other with respect and we all worked around each other to get some shrimp.

Bk
    Heard that boat mentioned in the past.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Mike, did you pull 48 gals of whole? If so, we might gave a friend in common.

I think that someone in the unakwik area was pulling pots while the owners were not there. I could have done better closer to town, but we had a great trip overall!

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post

Bk
    "High Liner" was parked in Whittier last month, smashed up the float right in front of the harbor master when he docked. Hate to see those new floats get tore up, I hope he had to pay for the damage...

Quote Originally Posted by overtime View Post
    A few years back we caught a bowpicker in PWS putting our pot back in the water.
    .......and what happened after that....???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. Unakwik was a zoo. Commercial guy making threats over vhf about rec shrimper being in his spot, like he owned the place, troopers showed up.
    What'd the troopers do...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    What'd the troopers do...???
    We talked to a trooper Tuesday about this very thing! Unless you have a video and hard evidence there is nothing they can do other than take a report.

Also that same trooper wrote a ticket to another guy for have 5 pots on his boat at the harbor while launching for his trip.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..