Thread: 2014 ranger 6x6 overheating

Default 2014 ranger 6x6 overheating

So I got this 2014 6x6 and its starting to overheat. I noticed this when I went ice fishing this past February, the fan will come on at 204 degrees and shut off at 194 degrees for about 5 to 6 evolutions then the fan will come on at 204 and then shut off right away and come on and shut off right away. the radiator is clean! after messing with it this past week off I noticed the water pump seal was just baring leaking aniti freeze. so this coming week off I will be changing that as well as pulling radiator just to make sure its super clean. then reinstall every thing and hopefully it will work properly. does anyone have any other suggestions please or maybe I missing something. its pretty frustrating the machine only has 700 miles on it.

Test the thermostat to make sure it's opening all the way at the proper temperature or replace or remove. Inspect the water pump for problems. Is there anything in the way that could block air flow? I know you said the outside is clean just to make sure blow water through it in case the radiator is dirty and you can't see it. How are you measuring the temperature?

Also when the radiator is removed try to flush through it.

My 2014 6x6 was overheating as well, coolant appeared topped off but there were just a few bubbles in the system... Had to go through the entire bleeding the system procedure(really not that bad).

Heard of things such as the fan relay was bad. Do you have your fan rewired so you can shut it up for deep water crossings?

Also heard of the coolant cap was bad(who would've thought).

Just a few things to try.

I too had issues when I first bought my 2014 ranger 6x6 and had to purge some air that was trapped in it. The stock fan that came in it was a 7 blade one that was junk and broke during a water crossing so I replaced it with a SPAL 5 blade and have yet to overheat since.

Did you purchase SPAL 5 blade fan locally? Part number? Thanx, jim
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Quote Originally Posted by shphtr View Post
    Did you purchase SPAL 5 blade fan locally? Part number? Thanx, jim
    Here you go.
    http://www.universalpartsinc.com/shopping/?ic=10398

Here is a great read on the 6x6. Unfortunately with Photobucket making the changes they did recently we lost most of the pics off of this great thread.
    http://backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=31386

Quote Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
    Here you go.
    http://www.universalpartsinc.com/shopping/?ic=10398

Here is a great read on the 6x6. Unfortunately with Photobucket making the changes they did recently we lost most of the pics off of this great thread.
    http://backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=31386
    Man I can't believe all those pics are gone. That thread was so valuable to everyone trying to build a nice machine.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Spal fan will not help it from overheating, it will stop it from breaking fan blades when you go thru water. Even if you think you have the radiator cleaned out, spray it again mud gets caked in there and it will absolutely make your machine overheat. Also for some reason the 6x6 overheats if you drive it fast- I mean 20-30 mph for any extended time. it will do fine crawling along but if you try to go fast it'll crank up the temps and throw the overheating symbol at you.