Thread: Sitka Stormfront vs Kuiu Yukon XL Sizing

Default Sitka Stormfront vs Kuiu Yukon XL Sizing

I have tried on a Sitka Stormfront jacket in XL and the size appears spot on for my build and when considering room for base and mid layers. With some of the Kuiu sizing inconsistencies that I have read about from different sources, does anyone have a recommendation for the equivalent size in the Kuiu Yukon jacket.

I LOVE Kuiu gear. But their sizing SUCKS. I normally wear a 36 waist pant, and XL jacket. After learning the hard way on first jacket, I now order double xl. For the Chugach gear the 2xl fit fine. My guide jacket is 2xl and it is snug. The 36 pants fit like size 38.

Great gear, but be prepared to send back to get sizing that works.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

I have the Sitka gear and it runs a bit on the small side. Not sure where you live but many of the sporting good store carry Sitka gear and you can go try it on to be sure. I have been very pleased with it and used it on a deer hunt last year in PWS. Rained every day and I stayed dry

I own both. My Sitka Stormfront is an XL, and my KUIU Yukon is a L. They both fit perfectly for me.

I have the kuiu Yukon XL and it fits just like an XL

I have the yukon jacket in XL and it fits me perfectly. I thought at first the bottom was a bit snug, but I normally wear XL and I fit 3 layers, including a down layer with plenty of loft, under this jacket. The bottom is snug enough to keep my other layers contained and to keep the jacket from riding up. I have lots of room in the arms and shoulders for movement and reach. If you feel that could be a problem with your hips and waist I would go up a size, it seems like Kuiu is made for an athletic style so you have to consider your own body type.