Thread: Do all trail cameras have antennas........???

Default Do all trail cameras have antennas........???

I see a trail camera in the woods and it has what looks like an antenna about 3" or 4" long on the top. What does this do.....???

Sorry, I know zero about trail cameras.

Some of them send an email back to the user when a picture is taken.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

There are ones that you can get that'll tie into a cellular service (for an additional service fee of course)...
    Depending on where your bait is located, if your game camera and phone can have reception with each other, every time the camera gets alerted or takes a pic, it'll let your phone know via emails and/or even shoot you the pics. Depends how you have it set up.
    I looked at them, the whole setup isn't cheap, like $300+ just for a camera.. But my reception over at my bait is spotty at best, so it's not worth it for me.

Do trail cameras produce very much heat........??? Enough that a thermal night vision equipment would locate cameras..........???

not thermal but IR would show any time a photo is taken under night vision. Thermal may show depending on if the cam was in the sun most of the day but thats about it.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

My friend in Hope told me his night vision scope can not pick up any of his cameras. So the answer is no.