Thread: Argo users please help

Default Argo users please help

I have a 2005 8 wheeled avenger 700 with 100 hrs on it, here is the issue I have, the anti freeze coolant reservoir is always on add after an adventure, i have topped it up before every adventure but still it ends up on add, engine oil hasn't changed in color or level, I cant seem to find any leaks or anything as to where this is disappearing to. Has anyone come across this? Any suggestions?

Check radiator level before and after trip??

When it is at the add line is this when hot? or after it has cooled down?

radiator level before and after trips is full.
    reservoir stays at add hot or cold, I know this sounds odd! could I be splashing out of the opening where the flow over hose goes into the reservoir?

Here are a few things you can do tighten all the hose clamps.
    Replace the radiator cap.
    Pressure test the radiator.
    If you have a bad head gasket water could be getting into a cyl and turn a spark plug white. You may also want to do a compression or leak down test.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Here are a few things you can do tighten all the hose clamps.
    Replace the radiator cap.
    Pressure test the radiator.
    If you have a bad head gasket water could be getting into a cyl and turn a spark plug white. You may also want to do a compression or leak down test.
    O.K thanks, I will try these few things, hope its nothing major!!

Quote Originally Posted by cschache View Post
    radiator level before and after trips is full.
    reservoir stays at add hot or cold, I know this sounds odd! could I be splashing out of the opening where the flow over hose goes into the reservoir?
    Take a look at what Macgyver said. But I think you may be on the right track with it splashing out a little. If you fill the bottle go for a ride and it stabilizes at the add line that maybe the level you need to maintain.

On a different machine I had to move my overflow bottle because of a similar issue. Bottle always seemed to be low hot and when the machine cooled it was near empty. Found it would lose a little fluid climbing hills. I lowered my bottle and tilted it some and now the bottle fluid level rarely changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    Take a look at what Macgyver said. But I think you may be on the right track with it splashing out a little. If you fill the bottle go for a ride and it stabilizes at the add line that maybe the level you need to maintain.

On a different machine I had to move my overflow bottle because of a similar issue. Bottle always seemed to be low hot and when the machine cooled it was near empty. Found it would lose a little fluid climbing hills. I lowered my bottle and tilted it some and now the bottle fluid level rarely changes.
    I think Dupont Spinner may have the answer to your problem. If you put a plastic bag over the tank and went for a ride it wouldn’t take long to see if any antifreeze is leaking out.