Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Argo users please help

  1. #1

    Default Argo users please help

    I have a 2005 8 wheeled avenger 700 with 100 hrs on it, here is the issue I have, the anti freeze coolant reservoir is always on add after an adventure, i have topped it up before every adventure but still it ends up on add, engine oil hasn't changed in color or level, I cant seem to find any leaks or anything as to where this is disappearing to. Has anyone come across this? Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Member Dupont Spinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chugiak
    Posts
    1,425

    Default

    Check radiator level before and after trip??

    When it is at the add line is this when hot? or after it has cooled down?

  3. #3

    Default

    radiator level before and after trips is full.
    reservoir stays at add hot or cold, I know this sounds odd! could I be splashing out of the opening where the flow over hose goes into the reservoir?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    Here are a few things you can do tighten all the hose clamps.
    Replace the radiator cap.
    Pressure test the radiator.
    If you have a bad head gasket water could be getting into a cyl and turn a spark plug white. You may also want to do a compression or leak down test.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Here are a few things you can do tighten all the hose clamps.
    Replace the radiator cap.
    Pressure test the radiator.
    If you have a bad head gasket water could be getting into a cyl and turn a spark plug white. You may also want to do a compression or leak down test.
    O.K thanks, I will try these few things, hope its nothing major!!

  6. #6
    Member Dupont Spinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chugiak
    Posts
    1,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cschache View Post
    radiator level before and after trips is full.
    reservoir stays at add hot or cold, I know this sounds odd! could I be splashing out of the opening where the flow over hose goes into the reservoir?
    Take a look at what Macgyver said. But I think you may be on the right track with it splashing out a little. If you fill the bottle go for a ride and it stabilizes at the add line that maybe the level you need to maintain.

    On a different machine I had to move my overflow bottle because of a similar issue. Bottle always seemed to be low hot and when the machine cooled it was near empty. Found it would lose a little fluid climbing hills. I lowered my bottle and tilted it some and now the bottle fluid level rarely changes.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    Take a look at what Macgyver said. But I think you may be on the right track with it splashing out a little. If you fill the bottle go for a ride and it stabilizes at the add line that maybe the level you need to maintain.

    On a different machine I had to move my overflow bottle because of a similar issue. Bottle always seemed to be low hot and when the machine cooled it was near empty. Found it would lose a little fluid climbing hills. I lowered my bottle and tilted it some and now the bottle fluid level rarely changes.
    I think Dupont Spinner may have the answer to your problem. If you put a plastic bag over the tank and went for a ride it wouldn’t take long to see if any antifreeze is leaking out.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •