Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alaska dall sheep hunt who to chose

Default Alaska dall sheep hunt who to chose

Ive always wanted to come to Alaska to hunt dall sheep and maybe moose . Who does good work for sheep outfitters , thanks for the help.

Kind of surprised no one helped you. Honestly that's a tough question with out knowing more about you. What kind of shape are you in. What type of hunt are you looking for. What are your expectations, budget, many things. Good guides are booked out a ways so that's a consideration. I know quite a few reputable guides. The first that comes to mind is Jake Jefferson brwnbr on here. I have had some good conversations with Jake and we shared a lot of the same trails and I would trust him to take very good care of you.

As bear mentioned a lot more details are needed on what your expectations are for this hunt. There so many different variables when it comes
    To a guided sheep hunt. Don't use the search engine in the forums, they will be discouraging because residents are pretty bent right now about any non res shooting sheep in Alaska. Don't let it get ya down, Alaskas a great
    Place, most folks here love to have you up for a visit and some hunting!
    Give us some more details on your dreams of hunting sheep!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

So many variables there. High success rate, multiple species chance, price, ease or difficulty of terrain, comfort of camp, etc.

Thanks for the replies, type of hunt doesnt really matter .im in pretty good shape .

Quote Originally Posted by leadpillproductions View Post
    Ive always wanted to come to Alaska to hunt dall sheep and maybe moose . Who does good work for sheep outfitters , thanks for the help.
    Check your in box

We have a new hunting guide forum you may want to look at.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by snocross View Post
    Check your in box
    Hey everyone, I've got the same question, and have been building a short-list. Any feedback would be appreciated. Looking at a Brooks range hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by shulse01 View Post
    Hey everyone, I've got the same question, and have been building a short-list. Any feedback would be appreciated. Looking at a Brooks range hunt.
    Is there a particular reason you're looking at the Brooks? I absolutely love those mountains and it would be my first choice for a backcountry hiking trip, but if having a high likelihood of harvesting a ram were my priority, I might look elsewhere. There are still rams to be had in the Brooks, but they took a serious hit a couple winters ago and the harvest has dropped off accordingly. If you find a guide who works the Brooks that you're interested in, make sure you get some info on how they have done in the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by leadpillproductions View Post
    I'd take you if we didn't have this stupid second degree of kindred rule.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Make sure you get moving on booking a hunt. With all the resident expressing displeasure at non resident harvest and success there seems to have been a push of interest in sheep hunts. I think a lot of guys are using this trend of interest in cutting out the non resident as an excuse to get their sheep hunts done with before it ends up drawing or worse. An odd effect, drawing attention to the "problem" has perhaps made it worse for some!

A lot of prime outfits will be booked up, occasionally find a cancelation or rouge opening. Make sure you find the hunt you want, don't just settle because it's all you can find. Big investment, do your research to ensure you'll get the best trip for your buck.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Shulse01 pm sent if you didn't get it let me know

You bet i got pms thanks for all the pms guys
    Anyone have anything on max schwab, was looking him up on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by snocross View Post
    Shulse01 pm sent if you didn't get it let me know

A buddy of mine guides for Max. He gets his clients on sheep if they do their part. Search for a dude named Falcon on this forum. He's taken a sheep with Max's outfit and hunted with my friend.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Nate Turner.......sorry, I couldn't help myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Springer View Post
    Nate Turner.......sorry, I couldn't help myself!
    That's a dandy ram in your avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Make sure you get moving on booking a hunt. With all the resident expressing displeasure at non resident harvest and success there seems to have been a push of interest in sheep hunts... Big investment, do your research to ensure you'll get the best trip for your buck.
    Thanks BRWNBR, very good point. My initial though has been with Brooks, even though they have taken a pounding in density the past few winters. I've heard good things about the Alaska range, and a few others, so I'm not limiting things to one area.

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

I had great luck with Ray Atkins out of Cantwell in the Alaska range. I killed a nice 36 5/8 ram with him a few years back. He is a great outfitter, guide, and person. You might want to check with him. His price was very fair.

I would recommend someone like BRWNBR. A guide who is more one on one with you. Look Wayne Kubat up or Dan Montgomery. Both are stand up guys and have their own Super Cubs to get you into the spots you need to be with years of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by shulse01 View Post

Ive always heard good things about Bob Summers and Deltana outfitters fro brooks range Dall sheep,Caribou and Grizzly bear hunts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast