Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knik River Run Saturday April 9th Who is in for sure

Default Knik River Run Saturday April 9th Who is in for sure

Sounds like 10AM from the Old Glenn Bridge. Who for sure is coming and with what boat.

I am in 22ft Seaark Predator

I'll be there in the airboat.

My airboat and family.
    I have another 1/2 dozen airboats a couple jet boats and possibly a plane or two.
    Should be a side x side joining the fun too.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

I'm thinking about it but I don't know the river and only have a 40hp jet

You won't be the fastest but your just fine. My neighbor runs a 40 up there all the time following me with the 200 sport jet. I just have to stop an check on him now and then. The beauty of your boat is it can't be heavy which means easy to get unstuck if you have to

Quote Originally Posted by Esh View Post
    I'm thinking about it but I don't know the river and only have a 40hp jet

Where do you guys meet? I don't know that I'll make it, but on the off chance that it works out...just planning on where to land.

Brian,
    Old knik bridge in Butte. Depart 10am.

Stop at lake up by glacier and berg area around noon. Dont think you can miss us, especially from the air. The strip is up against the mtn, righ side as you fly up river. We will be parked right across from it, can get pilots with a boat, no problem.
    See you there.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Ok, I've landed on that strip and figured that was the one, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the info.

Launch ramp was a lil soft there today. I ran my G3 and my buddy ran his Hewes SJ. We had to tandem tow the boats out of the launch since the tires on the trucks and especially the boats on the trailers kept sinking in the sand trying to recover. First time running this place. We launched from the New Glenn. Goodluck and be safe everyone.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Did you launch on the right side by the rock?

Did you make it up to the glacier?

Quote Originally Posted by y0gee View Post
    Launch ramp was a lil soft there today. I ran my G3 and my buddy ran his Hewes SJ. We had to tandem tow the boats out of the launch since the tires on the trucks and especially the boats on the trailers kept sinking in the sand trying to recover. First time running this place. We launched from the New Glenn. Goodluck and be safe everyone.

Did you launch above bridge or below...

I launch below the bridge maybe 200 feet or so.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

We launched downstream of the highway bridge close to the three huge rocks. There were fresh launch tracks there so figured that was the best spot. Like I said, first time running knik. We only ran about an hour up so no, we didn't make it up to the glacier. I did some mods to the boat so I was just looking to get the boat wet. Bring a tow strap.

Also, If anyone is curious about Twentymile (I've run that place a hundred times)...... We went there yesterday after work just to check out the launch. The sand/mud is the same consistency of Knik. Pretty soft still. We spoke to a trapper at the launch and he said pretty skinny running and about a mile before the fork, a big cottonwood fell pretty much blocking the whole river. He said he got some of it cut out but only had an axe.

got stuck at the old bridge yesterday. had a rough time. had to unload boat, disconnect trailer and get them out one at a time with lots of help from a couple of real nice guys. decided that i would forego all the fun today.

We launched downstream of the highway bridge close to the three huge rocks. There were fresh launch tracks there so figured that was the best spot. Like I said, first time running knik. We only ran about an hour up so no, we didn't make it up to the glacier. I did some mods to the boat so I was just looking to get the boat wet. Bring a tow strap.

Also, If anyone is curious about Twentymile (I've run that place a hundred times)...... We went there yesterday after work just to check out the launch. The sand/mud is the same consistency of Knik. Pretty soft still. We spoke to a trapper at the launch and he said pretty skinny running and about a mile before the fork, a big cottonwood fell pretty much blocking the whole river. He said he got some of it cut out but only had an axe.

Ran 20 mile on Monday. Bring a chain saw and cut this tree out of the way or you have skip a little gravel. Water is low
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

The cotton wood on 20 mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post

The cotton wood on 20 mile

Is that right above the rapids?

About mile before the y

[QUOTE=y0gee;1535263]Is that right above the rapids?

i was thinking the same thing, right below "black beach" and above the Rapids (rocks across the channel).

I cut it back further with a chain saw Friday, but I was solo and could only get what I could reach with hip boots.

Where are the pics from the run up the Knik??? Looking forward to seeing some :-)
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast