Thread: Extra pair of boots?

Default Extra pair of boots?

Hi- I did a search but didn't find anything specific on this topic... probably on this site somewhere but this is a huge site!

I will be hunting out of Tok this August for Caribou. I currently have a pair of 8" Meindl's that I have had for years and will be my primary boot. I feel I should have a backup boot with me.

How many of you take a second pair of boots? Does anyone take or hunt with a pair of quality rubber boots for this type of hunt?

Thanks in advance!
    Brad

Yes, A pair of Muck boots would be my other boot along with a pair of crocs for around camp in thr evening.
    Good luck.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

I always bring my Xtratufs when moose hunting. Don't always need them, but sometimes I do. Keen sandals in place of crocs. If you're carrying it all on your back you might reconsider the backup boots, but otherwise always take care of your feet.

I walked the soles off a pair of boots a couple years ago hiking back from Crescent Lake.

When I go goat hunting this fall, I'm taking a pair of Keen low tops along. Mostly cause I injured my achilles tendon a year ago and it still bothers me. Some boots push against it and irritate it badly. Hoping the low tops will solve that if it flares up.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Thanks. I can't imagine not having a backup. Leaning toward a pair or rubber boots in case it's wet for days on end. I will be taking along a lightweight pair camp shoes. 50 lb limit plus rifle so have to watch every oz.