Thread: Kasilof Question

Default Kasilof Question

In my wandering around the lower Kasilof I failed to note whether or not the state has placed Porta Potties on the north and south sides of the river. Can anyone shed any light on this one for me?

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

South side normally has them on the right hand side right before you hit the beach, But not in the actual dipping area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by quest32a View Post
    South side normally has them on the right hand side right before you hit the beach, But not in the actual dipping area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

I figured probably both sides have them, as it is a special use area controlled by the state. They know there are lots of folks down there, and they are trying to protect habitat. We don't want too many people out there fertilizing the dunes habitat!

Kasilof page is done, other than any errors you folks find!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Kasilof page is done, other than any errors you folks find!

-Mike
    It's great! This site just keeps gettin better...hats off to you, sir!
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Quote Originally Posted by cdubbin View Post
    It's great! This site just keeps gettin better...hats off to you, sir!
    Thanks for the kind words! I spent three years researching at all of the field locations; talking with dipnetters, state troopers, land managers, and support folks. I took tons of video and hundreds of photos for this, and what you're seeing is the results of that. It was a lot of work.

Usually I don't hear much from the forum community on the pages we are developing, and I don't know how to read that sometimes. Either folks are devouring the content without comment, they don't like it, don't need it, or whatever. It's nice to hear some feedback sometimes!

One of the next things is to make the salmon run charts nicer to look at and more prominent on the site.

Any ideas are welcome (as long as they are anatomically possible)!

-Mike