Thread: DIY Halibut Fishing In KBAY Seminar - Now uploaded to YouTube.

Default DIY Halibut Fishing In KBAY Seminar - Now uploaded to YouTube.

Hello all,

I did a couple seminars at the Alaska Sport Show last weekend on halibut fishing in KBAY. Thought that I'd also do a link to the presentation here for anyone interested. Please keep in mind that this is FOR REFERENCE only, and certainly not gospel. The tides and weather in KBAY can makes conditions very bad very quickly. Please don't venture out unless you're confident on the saltwater and/or can bring along someone who is.

Hopefully some of the other experienced Homer operators will also add their 2 cents about how to get out and get back safely in various weather conditions. If there's a small-craft advisory in-effect, smaller boats are probably best-off just staying home.

I converted the presentation from a Powerpoint slideshow to a video, so you may have to occasionally pause the video to have enough time to read the slides.

The first half of the presentation focuses on weather/safety, and the second half looks at fishing techniques and how to choose a fishing spot.

https://youtu.be/Ne62uL0_PRI

Thanks!

David Bayes

Thanks for the video!
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Awesome info. Wish more people were this generous.

David,
    Thanks for all theinformation, I wish I could have made it to one of your seminars.From the information in your presentation Iímsure the discussions were very beneficial.

Thanks

No problem, thanks to everyone who took a look!

Excellent video - I may recommend it to the DIY boat rental that I use in Ketchikan.

. . . now that I know about your rental boat, I'll plan a trip further north too.t

Hello all, will be doing this presentation LIVE at the Anchorage Sport Show today at 2 pm and Saturday at 6 pm. Focuses on the interpretation of tides and weather for Kbay with some talk about tips, tactics, and fishing areas as well. Swing by and say hello if you get the chance!