Thread: Shore fishing Kodiak end of may

Default Shore fishing Kodiak end of may

Looking for some advice regarding shore fishing in kodiak at the end of May. My wife n I will be enjoying Kodiak and the crab festival for the first time. Probably cant muster a charter and not looking for anyones honey hole, but would love to wet a line for some fish. Would be fun to catch some kings, but it would also be awesome to catch some other kinds of fish as well. Ive been on the search option, but hoping for some recent opinon. No worries, not trying to slaughter em, just looking to create some good memories. Thanks in advance everyone.

Should have no trouble catching some dollies on incoming tides at Mission, Pillar or white sands beaches. A little early for kings in the American and Olds rivers. Usually a few reds trickling into the Buskin end of May
    Experience is a hard teacher because you get the test first and the lesson afterwards.

Reds in the Buskin, not high numbers, but catchable numbers. Dollies on all the beaches, basically any beach that has anything large than a ditch should have them. Can't fish Kings in Monashka Bay this year, but should be able to pick some flounder and maybe some small halibut off Pillar beach as well as some rockfish. The mouth of the Olds might be holding some kings by then as well.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK

Awesome, thank you so much for the suggestions. I kinda enjoy catching the other fish for fun.We've been looking forward to this trip for awhile. Hope its ok to give a indirect shout out to a good magazine who made out trip possible. I dont want to break any rules here. But just saying cool to made the hop over and have a good time, all positive. Thanks again.