Thread: Moose Lives Matter

Default Moose Lives Matter

Was warming up some leftovers for lunch and found some moose burger I cooked a week and a half ago. I'm not tossing that out. Warmed it up and added it to the lunch. Probably would have tossed it if it was beef. I won't even share snacks of wild game with my pets. It is just too good to share with them. I have a lot of work into my wild game meat. It's the best.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Great attitude sir. If you ever get to much just cook up your favorite recipe and call me!

I was really growing quite weary of a similar statement being used for many wrong reasons and you made me laugh!

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I absolutely hate wasting any game or fish at all. It really makes you appreciate the value of it when you catch or harvest it yourself. That's something to be said for all the bunny huggers and antis out there. I wonder if they ever think twice about throwing their vegetables down the garbage disposal. Or how about all the big macs and leftover cheeseburgers that get thrown out from Mcdonalds or all the other fast food franchises. You don't see the bunny huggers standing in the front of their fast food chains with picket signs. Food for thought, no pun intended.

Ex GF didn't understand why I would get pissed when she wanted to share a 'treat' with her lap dog from something I had gone to the effort to find, stalk, kill, harvest, butcher, keep cleaner than something at the butcher shop, and cook. "Feed it your $10 dollar a pound beef prime rib, dear."
    Oh, and I won't have a second date with a woman that orders Veal. I've seen how they treat those poor things. At least the animals I harvest got to live their own lives for the most part.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

[QUOTE=Bushwhack Jack;1534590]I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I absolutely hate wasting any game or fish at all. It really makes you appreciate the value of it when you catch or harvest it yourself.

I think you will find there are lots of us that feel that way. The more effort you have to put into something, the more you appreciate it.