Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Copper River Dipnetting Reports

Default 2016 Copper River Dipnetting Reports

Time to get ready...
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 07-25-2016 at 13:56.

Sold my boat so the Chitina/copper
    Is my plan this year. Gonna have to spend time in the search engine. No idea what kind of net or anything. Gonna be a learning curve.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Is my plan this year. Gonna have to spend time in the search engine. No idea what kind of net or anything. Gonna be a learning curve.
    Shoot me a note, Jake. I'm learning the Copper and would be happy to share what I think I know. I'll be there again this year, from shore. Killed them last year!

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Roger that mike! I've only got the first
    Couple weeks of July to go, don't think that's prime time but it's all I got!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    B & J in Anchorage has what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Killed them last year!

Mike
    Yep. Dipped my first king last year.

Default Earlier and earlier...

You can alway take dip net charter I did last year with Ak expeditions. Well worth the money!

http://www.ak-x.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post

Time to get ready...
    So is Hems charter working this year?

When did you go with AK xpeditions? I have seen them out there but wondered how good they were. Did you go above or below the bridge?

Justin

Just curious because I've never really gotten into the copper river dip netting before. What is the peak time to go? If you had one weekend to go, when would you go and why? Thanks for your input.

I notice none of those caudal fins are clipped akmike30. Not being a smart aleck, just a friendly reminder. I've found it is easy to miss clipping one if you throw them all in the cooler before clipping. Not uncommon to see troopers look through every fish at the boat launch, and all it takes is one unclipped or one not properly clipped to make the drive to Chitina a little less profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiholic View Post
    I notice none of those caudal fins are clipped akmike30. Not being a smart aleck, just a friendly reminder. I've found it is easy to miss clipping one if you throw them all in the cooler before clipping. Not uncommon to see troopers look through every fish at the boat launch, and all it takes is one unclipped or one not properly clipped to make the drive to Chitina a little less profitable.
    No you just freshen up on your regs! Copper river is different from Kenai. As long as the fish are not concealed ( cooler lids open) and not left fishing area there in no laws broken!
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

[QUOTE=akmike30;1536740]No you just freshen up on your regs! Copper river is different from Kenai. As long as the fish are not concealed ( cooler lids open) and not left fishing area there in no laws broken! Never clipped tail one at copper! QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    No you just freshen up on your regs! Copper river is different from Kenai. As long as the fish are not concealed ( cooler lids open) and not left fishing area there in no laws broken!
    Copper River regulations are the same as Kenai/ Kasilof.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    Copper River regulations are the same as Kenai/ Kasilof.
    Once again you wrong
    Here is screen shot of the two separate reg

Copper

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Once again you wrong
    Here is screen shot of the two separate reg

Copper
    You just proved my point. Both personal fisheries (Chitina & UCI) have the SAME recording requirements. You must record your fish before concealing from view or leaving the fishing site.

"No you just freshen up on your regs! Copper river is different from Kenai." Your exact words. Below is straight from the ADF&G website.

From the UCI page:

Permits must be filled in each time you fish

You must record the date, location, and harvest by species each time you fish. You must fill in this information even if you did not catch any fish - write "0" in the space provided for harvest.
    The salmon must be recorded on the permit before it is concealed from plain view, such as put in a cooler, or before the salmon is transported from the fishing site, such as your vehicle. Failure to record the salmon on the permit is a violation, and may be subject to fines and loss of future personal use fishing privileges.

From the Chitina page:

Permits must be filled in each time you fish
    You must record the date, location, and harvest by species each time you fish. You must fill in this information even if you did not catch any fish - write "0" in the space provided for harvest.
    The salmon must be recorded on the permit before it is concealed from plain view, such as put in a cooler, or before the salmon is transported from the fishing site, such as your vehicle. Failure to record the salmon on the permit is a violation, and may be subject to fines and loss of future personal use fishing privileges.

You stated the recording regulations are different for Kenai. They are the same.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...orChitina.regs

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...naiSalmon.regs

Can you read were talking about tail clipping. Which are different for each fishery.lol some guys think they know it all. I've been fishing both for
    Along time never have clipped a tail and never will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast