Thread: "SUB-SONIC" Center Fire rifle Ammo in ANCHORAGE.........Where to buy....???

Default "SUB-SONIC" Center Fire rifle Ammo in ANCHORAGE.........Where to buy....???

Looking for subsonic ammo in Anchorage..........any suggestions, as to who would be most likely to have on the shelf.....???

Looking for .308 Winchester and .300 AAC Blackout

No idea on .308 but Cabela's and Sportsman's both had subsonic 300 BLK in stock a week or so ago.

Thank You, I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmak View Post
    No idea on .308 but Cabela's and Sportsman's both had subsonic 300 BLK in stock a week or so ago.

If I was wanting what I think you are wanting, I would start with a long barreled single shot shotgun. Then I would have an insert barrel made in 45Colt about 10" long to slide inside the shotgun barrel. Load the 45Colt with 300+gr boolit to about 1000fps or shoot factory ammo. Some tiny holes drilled in the bottom of the shotgun barrel just ahead of the insert may help. A thin tube of laminate floor underlayment foam slid down the shotgun barrel may help as well but may be approaching illegal. The idea is to get the high pressure gas to expand into lower pressure before it is released at the muzzle causing a large shock/sound wave. This is all speculation on my part and the sound deadening material in the shotgun barrel may not be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Looking for subsonic ammo in Anchorage..........any suggestions, as to who would be most likely to have on the shelf.....???

Looking for .308 Winchester and .300 AAC Blackout
    was told that Alaska ammo on commercial drive normally sells subsonic 308 ammo, have not personally verified this info

Thanks........I checked with them......and they said no. Was good to meet you, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbikeguy View Post
    was told that Alaska ammo on commercial drive normally sells subsonic 308 ammo, have not personally verified this info

I have 2 bricks of SS 22 and I picked some up at 3 bears yesterday. its rare but they can be had. I also found out they had 4 50 shot packs of 22 WMR under the counter

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

I have picked up .300 AAC BLACKOUT Sub-sonic for testing. I also found (2) Two Battle Packs of 7.62X51 NATO at Cabela's.

Still searching for: .308 Winchester (Sub-sonic)

Don't know if you reload but I ran across this article yesterday. Maybe it will help.
    Subsonic Trail Boss Loads - Load Data

Thanks........good information.

Quote Originally Posted by redale View Post
    Don't know if you reload but I ran across this article yesterday. Maybe it will help.
    Subsonic Trail Boss Loads - Load Data